IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Friday, March 8, 2013

Ready or not



This is Daylight Saving time weekend. I’m ready.

If you missed a jam packed Civic Club meeting last night here’s a recap. But first, whoever brought the carrots, you left your bowl.
The first Jammin’ on Jarboe concert will be on Saturday the 30th.
The Childrens’ Easter Egg Hunt will be Saturday the 30th. I’m waiting to hear from Cameron on the times.
The Sunrise Service will be on the 31st. Duh. You figure out the time. It will be at Deep Hole Park and I’m telling you it’s awesome.
Fish Fry, Crawfish boil and Deviled Eggstravaganza starts serving at 1 and goes until it’s over. PDuff is working on the rules and we’ll post them here when we get them. I think we are keeping the price at $10 per adult. If anyone has a crawfish connection please give me a shout.
I’m going to put this next item in red and type real slow for some of you out there. You know who you are.
The Deviled Egg contest is a Civic Club event. If you want to win a Civic Club Prize you need to be a Civic Club member.
Candidates Night will be held on April 11th. That should be entertaining.
Stand by for Scholarship Fund news. But again, this is a Civic Club scholarship, if you are interested you must be a Civic Club member.
Last but not least The Islander Staff came up with a FABULOUS idea last night. One issue in the near future, possibly May, will be written by the Kids on the Island. I am so in.

Did you know we are on the verge of having a community garden? Yep. Where the old fire house used to be on CLR. More info as I get it or contact one of your Parks Committee folks.

Two women were playing golf. One teed off and watched in horror as her ball headed directly toward a foursome of men playing the next hole.
The ball hit one of the men.
He immediately clasped his hands together at his groin, fell to the ground and proceeded to roll around in agony.
The woman rushed down to the man, and immediately began to apologize. 'Please allow me to help. I'm a Physical Therapist and I know I could relieve your pain if you'd allow me, she told him.
'Oh, no, I'll be all right. I'll be fine in a few minutes,' the man replied. He was in obvious agony, lying in the fetal position, still clasping his hands there at his groin.
At her persistence, however, he finally allowed her to help. She gently took his hands away and laid them to the side, loosened his pants and put her hands inside.
She administered tender and artful massage for several long moments and asked, 'How does that feel'?
He replied: It feels great, but I still think my thumb's broken!

No comments: