IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Monday, March 11, 2013

In like a lamb



Ooooooooeeee! It’s officially crawfish season! Coonie, you are the Maestro! As ggod as you can make those nasty little mudbugs taste I still have t wonder just how hungry the first person to eat one was. MmmmMmm. Still can’t make brussle sprouts worth a damn though.

Did anyone get a peek at the comet over the weekend? Every time I tried it was too cloudy or too late. Dang.

Sounds like we have a new Officer on staff. I missed Tuesdays meeting, Biology cramming got in the way, but Diana says we have a new female officer on the force. And to add to that I hear Officer Crystal is coming back too. Welcome ladies. Chief, I’m coming after you. We have talked this thing to death and we need to move on it. I’m thinking one page a month in the Islander for a photo (or 2) and just a paragraph introducing your staff to the citizenry. What do you think?

60 days to go till Election Day. It’s May 11th, 7AM til 7PM. Letters will go out soon to the Candidates inviting them to Candidates Night which is April 11th. I can’t wait to meet a couple of them. Has anyone had the pleasesure? Are they out glad handing? Kissing babies, making speeches? I hope Joe is coaching the noobs well.

From Neighbor Steve:
See the Space Station
Tuesday, March 12, 7:06 a.m. (Duration: 6 minutes)
Path: 11 degrees above SW to 12 degrees above NE
Maximum elevation: 64 degrees
Wednesday, March 13, 6:17 a.m. (Duration: 3 minutes)
Path: 27 degrees above SSW to 25 degrees above ENE
Maximum elevation: 51 degrees
Friday, March 15, 6:13 a.m. (Duration: 3 minutes)
Path: 41 degrees above NW to 10 degrees above NNE
Maximum elevation: 41 degrees

No comments: