IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Monday, March 18, 2013

I'll take 80



I don’t know about y’all but I am glad the wind has decided to lay down a bit. Dang. I hope this is the lamb part of March. Hope you had all the St Patty’s day/Spring Break you could handle. You have 12 days to rest up.

City Council meeting tomorrow. I expect to see our potential candidates present. Some of us at sunset got a chance to meet Travis Croft the other night. Interesting. He wants to route some funds from the Police dept budget and the EDC to fund Wifi over the entire Island. Imagine that. I’d rather have my trash picked up but that’s just me.

Saturday the 30th is the Children’s Easter Egg Hunt. I still haven’t heard the particulars from the Younger Ward but I expect them soon.
After the Sunrise Service at Deep Hole Park the place to be is Jarboe Park where we will be cooking up 40 plus pounds of Fried fish and hush puppies and somewhere near 200 pounds of crawfish.

I saved the best for last and checkout the artwork below…..




Easter Sunday @1:00

Devilled Egg Eggtravaganza
It's that time of year again to break out your favorite
Devilled Egg recipe. And don't forget to decorate those little babies. Prizes will be given for taste and Style!!
Crawfish Boil, Fish Fry and Devilled Eggs: Eggsciting !!

Mrs. Ravioli comes to visit her son Anthony for dinner.
He lives with a female roommate, Maria.

During the course of the meal, his mother couldn't help but notice how pretty Anthony's roommate is.

Over the course of the evening, while watching the two interact, she started to wonder if there was more between Anthony and his roommate than met the eye.

Reading his mom's thoughts, Anthony volunteered, "I know what you must be thinking, but I assure you, Maria and I are just roommates.''

About a week later, Maria came to Anthony saying, "Ever since your mother came to dinner, I've been unable to find the silver sugar bowl.
You don't suppose she took it, do you?"

"Well, I doubt it, but I'll email her, just to be sure."
So he sat down and wrote an email:

Dear MaMa,

I'm not saying that you "did" take the sugar bowl from my house ; I'm not saying that you "did not" take it.
But the fact remains that it has been missing ever since you were here for dinner.

Your Loving Son,
Anthony
Several days later, Anthony received a response email from his MaMa which read:
Dear son,

I'm not saying that you "do" sleep with Maria, and I'm not saying that you "do not" sleep with her.
But the fact remains that if she was sleeping in her OWN bed, she would have found the sugar bowl by now.

Your Loving MaMa





THe Original Search Engine
for The Whole Wide World
Jeep

1 comment:

Craig said...

I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer but I don't think you can divert funds from either of those budgets. Am I wrong or is this along the lines of when our beloved NS queen bee Kathy suggested we clean all of the ditches with edc money.