IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Dang!



I missed yesterday’s Victory or Death letter. To the Great State of Texas I apologize. But I did watch the movie “The Alamo” last night. I gotta say Billy Bob did a great job as Davey Crockett. Not that I’m a movie critic but that was about as far as I go. He just can’t compare to The Duke. 

HEY!! Club News Alert so pay attention!
We have LOTS to talk about tonight, Sunrise Service, Fish Fry, Crawfish Boil, Easter Egg hunt and Hardboiled egg contest and Candidates Night. None of this happens without you. See you at the meeting!!!

Speaking of Candidates Night, This from neighbor Paul:
I realize that I am probably, stating  the obvious during this email but I will proceed anyway. Please implore everyone to stay involved and not loose track of the election. With the people that are running it would be very easy to become complacent, by assuming that no one would vote for the interesting crew of candidates. I believe now would be the time to show up in full force. Have a great weekend sir.
Folks lest you forget or have gotten comfortable just go back in this blog to about June of 2011. You should probably do that anyway. Come to think of it I think we should pass an ordinanace and make everyone read it for a couple of weeks back then just to remind them what happens when “I’m too buuussssyyy” to pay attention happens.

Don’t forget to order your Easter Ham! It’s for a good cause.

 "Do right and risk the consequences” 
Sam Houston

No comments: