IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Hot off the wire!

Just heard from Gary and Co. at Gator Country. It's official, Al had his KFC!!
You say Groundhog, I say woodchuck. I'm just glad I'm not in Pennsylvania.
The Puxatony 'hog may know about weather up north, but I'd rather listen to Big Al.
Big Al lives at Gator Country near Beaumont. He is:
1. a lot bigger than the Yankee hedgehog (try the largest alligator in captivity at 1,000 lbs) and
2. He has also proven more accurate -- like 100% accurate -- in his "winter's over or not?" predictions, according to owner and gator-rescuer/naturalist, Gary Saurage.
Every year on Groundhog Day, they offer Big Al his most-favorite-food: Kentucky Fried Chicken. Alligators are genetically unable to eat until all danger of winter freezes is past. Their bodies simply cannot digest food until warm weather is assured.
Anybody can have a groundhog....

 
Did anybody see our Farmer's Market write up in the GCDN? Rave reviews! All the hard work put in by Jennifer and Dave is paying off. Great job y'all!

Mardi Gras Parade next Saturday followed by Red Beans and Rice Popeye's style at the Club House. I have a few openings for Mancakes. Drop me a line.

1 comment:

suzanne hubbard said...

Sorry, Allan, I am playing catch up on the blog. Do I have this right? Your Blue Point buddy sold their house and then would not move out? Or did they rent the house and would not move out after it sold? I guess there really isn't a difference, but it is worse, to me, if they owned the home. Either way it sounds like she is staying true to form - a bit off center. Sure wish the same judge for the case handled the eviction, but I bet that would be unlikely.