IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Wednesday the 23rd


This is your last chance to come up with a) an excuse or b) a chili recipe. Lord knows I’ve heard and used my share of excuses but I never get tired of making fun of them. I mean who can forget Adelia’s “chili” in a used gas can? Yeah hon, I’m sure it was the plastic taste that kept you from winning and no, it wasn’t that clean. Then there’s Jeremy’s famous, for all the wrong reasons, bologna & beer soup/chili. My chili has a first name its O S C A R….. And nobody, but nobody can get hair off a cat better than Wisnoski! Ever since he stopped with the cheese grater and went to the potato peeler………hey Wis, kill it first next time, it won’t bite so hard. If you have yet to RSVP to our Host you really should take the time to do so. Remember what happens if you wait too long you have to set up next to Rob and his coriander concoction that he calls chili,chilli,Chile,chilly,chily,chillie. Chiley. If the smell of burning hair doesn’t bother you I guess it’s no biggie.
This is where I should remind you that standing on concrete all day is good for your posture but when you’re as old and fat as I am sitting is OK too but you damn well better bring your own chair. I’ll have Rolaids for a buck a piece after the judging and Larry is has rented a stomach pump. I’ve never seen one with a kick start on it.
Enjoy your week and we’ll see y’all Saturday!!
Don’t forget to RSVP to Craig & Raynel Ward rcrinc@me.com or 281 3OO 3541


The Civic Club Mardi Gras Golf Cart Parade is ON! Just heard from our Mistress of Ceremonies, Sam, and she has declared February 9th, a Saturday, as Parade day. Lineup will begin at 11 with roll out at Noon. We’ll hammer out the details and post them here as soon as I get ‘em. Now is a perfect time to remind everyone of a few ground rules. First and foremost NO open containers. I shouldn’t even have to say that but it’s a habit. Next, Only Licensed drivers can be behind the wheel. Hear me mom and dad? NOW is the perfect time to renew your membership dues and yes I will happily accept your dues that morning. Why did I add this item you ask? This parade is open to everyone who wants to come out and join in the fun. The more the merrier. But it is a Club function and all prizes go to Club members only. We’ve been a tad lax on this provision in the past but we need to get back to basics. If you are in doubt about your status ask me, I’ll find out for you. Short version, The Civic Club functions off your dues. If you’re having fun please consider pitching in.

Friend in need----
I'm reaching out because a friend of mine needs some help.
His wife told him to go out & get some of those pills that would help him get an erection.
When he came back, he tossed her some diet pills.
Anyway, he's looking for a place to live.
Can any of you help him?

4 comments:

Craig said...

My email is rcrinc1@ me.com. I think the fumes off of Alan's sludge is getting to him..Rob has been faking the flu for the past week and now claims he may have pneumonia. This is the farthest I have seen anyone go to keep from returning the trophy. Chief K if you are reading this stop now......................OK, Rob let it be known we will come and get the trophy no matter what. A stealth ninja type operation is being planned as we speak to recover the trophy from your house. The team is reviewing the bin laden tapes and we are trying to find out where to rent a helicopter. Get well soon or else

Adelia said...

Oh, cumin and spice make a flavor. That's incredibly easy to savor. When consumed with a spoon. It is gone far too soon. But it's worth all the hours of labor
Once again I have noticed a drop in the cat and duck population.

Adelia said...

One day at Raynelles, feeling drunk and unhinged, on hot chili peppers I binged. My stomach felt dire, my tongue was on fire and later my rectum got singed
There was an old man from Scilly Who ate nothing but chili He soon gave some wind And everyone there grinned At the bloated old man from Scilly
I laced them with chili. it didn't half give 'em the runs!
A potato was pulled from a bin.

And was mashed after losing its skin.

It was smothered in gravy

By spud-loving Davey

And drowned 'cause potatoes can't swim

Adelia said...

Judges comments:
Holy s**t, what the hell is this stuff? You could remove dried paint from your driveway with it. Took me two beers to put the flames out. Hope that's the worst one. These Texans are crazy
Call the EPA, I've located a uranium spill. My nose feels like I have been snorting Drano. Everyone knows the routine by now. Barmaid pounded me on the back; now my backbone is in the front part of my chest. I'm getting shit-faced.
Hint of lime in the black beans. Good side dish for fish or other mild foods, not much of a chili.
My ears are ringing, and I can no longer focus my eyes. I farted and four people behind me needed paramedics. The contestant seemed offended when I told her that her chili had given me brain damage. Sally saved my tongue from bleeding by pouring beer directly on it from a pitcher. It really pisses me off that the other judges asked me to stop screaming. F**k those rednecks!
My intestines are now a straight pipe filled with gaseous, sulfuric flames
You could put a f**king grenade in my mouth, pull the f**king pin, and I wouldn't feel a damn thing. I've lost the sight in one eye, and the world sounds like it is made of rushing water. My shirt is covered with chili which slid unnoticed out of my fluffing mouth. My pants are full of lava-like s**t to match my goddamn shirt. At least during the autopsy they'll know what killed me. I've decided to stop breathing, it's too painful. Fluff it, I'm not getting any oxygen anyway. If I need air, I'll just suck it in through the fluffing 4 inch hole in my stomach.