IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Tonight



Is not only the first City Council meeting of the year, it will be Paul Shelley’s last meeting. That also means it will be Georges first meeting as City Administrator. Now would be a great night to come out and show your support not only for these two good men but for our City as a whole. Yeah, yeah, yeah I know the weather is going to be crap but it’s only water. If it wasn’t for water we wouldn’t live on an Island. See you there.


I forgot to tell you why you want to buy a brick from the Parks committee. Here’s why.


This goes on the long list of reasons I live here. I hope you add it to your list too. From neighbor Diane:
Thank you so much for getting the bear collection email out to “Our Little Slice of Paradise.” Thanks to all of the generous people in CLS, we collected 86 stuffed animals/gorgeous dolls. We filled big green bags and took off for the nursing home on Christmas morning. My daughter and her friend, Tatiana, went with me. They led the group in Christmas carols while I passed out the bears. Everyone in the main activity room got a bear. I then went up and down the hallways and popped into rooms and passed out the remaining bears, etc. I can’t describe how awesome it felt to give to these people. There are so many that can’t come to the main activity room but smiled as I left a bear on their bed and said Merry Christmas. Several people asked where the bears came from. I told them that we collected them in Clear Lake Shores. There is one young lady that I have seen many times that cannot communicate at all. She smiled at me when I placed the bear on her shoulder.  It was one of the sweetest smiles I have ever seen. She smiled with her eyes. 
I just want to add that my next door neighbor’s Mom, Paula Keith, visits her daughter often and found out that I was collecting bears. She donated a bunch of them from her personal collection. That was truly a blessing.
Thank you to everyone that participated. Y’all made Christmas a little extra special for the Harbor View residents.

 
I’ve been called a lot of things in my life, some of them are true, but I’ve never been called stingy. This deal is too good not to share. Friend, neighbor and local realtor Shanna Mac is on one of many fund raising committees for the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo. Her committee sells chickens, not live ones, by the case. When first approached last year it was one of those(you know the drill)a friend is selling something and you feel compelled to buy so we did. It is for one heck of a good cause and I happen to like chicken. You will get them frozen and about a half dozen to the box. And as far as the price goes it’s comparable to what you would buy locally if you could buy them in bulk. The difference is these fryers are not only huge but they are downright yummy. If you had chicken at the BBQ cook off odds are you had some of these yummy birds. I have already placed my order for the year and wanted to let you know how to get some of your very own. She will provide me with more info real soon but if you want to jump on this deal give her a call.

No comments: