IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Thursday, January 10, 2013

I should be in bed

Ah rain, what the hell, it beats a drought. If we could just figure out what to do with these damned mosquitos. Well we got stuff to do at any rate so go get your calendar and a pencil. I'll wait.

I think Dave is planning a movie night on the 12th. Dave? Is that so? Tell me now so we can get the Club House reserved. If not the rest of these good folks need to know. And what is the movie gonna be?
We're going to take another shot at Game Night on the 18th. Bring your favorite board game or just a deck of cards. We'll fire up the popcorn machine and see what we can make out of a cold January night. Yes, it's BYOB.

On the 26th is the 30, first? (I can't count that high) Chili cook off at Craig and Raynels. I'll  be sending out email notices and directing everyone here for updates because I'm not working that hard with email.
The following Monday is former Councilman Fullers' day in court as he takes on the City in his bid to continue to break City ordinances. I mean really, he's been doing it for, what were his words? 10 years, what's the big deal? You can't make this shit up.

Only 5 weeks till the 10th Anniversary Mancakes. So far it's Me. Wyatt, Reid, Rob and McNamara.  That only leaves 6 slots. I am not kidding when I say don't wait until the last minute.

February 7th will be the first Civic Club meeting of the year and that's when we'll plan all the stuff around Mardi Gras and Easter. When I say all the stuff I'm talking fish frys, crawfish boils, Easter egg hunts, sunrise service and did I mention a parade? And that's just for Easter. Want in on the fun? Speak up!

Karaoke your cup o tea? read on here. They are looking for our own Idol!
http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/bay_area/living/bay-area-begins-search-for-its-own-idol/article_390e7ea3-2fd1-5ae8-8b67-5756aa8a8074.html

Let our New Year's resolution be this: we will be there for one another as fellow members of humanity, in the finest sense of the word.
Goran Persson

No comments: