IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Good Meeting

A tad long but just the same. There was a gorgeous photo of the Island, all framed and what have you. It was put together by Councilman Booren as a going away gift for Paul. Good job Councilman! I hope you had a chance to sign it. It was pretty crowded when I got to it. We got to meet our new CA George and the young lady, Cheryl, who will be doing our books for a while. It's too bad Paul's friend Jean wasn't there when Council voted unanimously to name the pavilion at Jarboe Park the Paul Shelly pavilion. I just know she would have clapped. Or collapsed. Whatever.

Have you heard we're going to have a Game night on the 18th? Check your email for more info. If you do not get the email that means you are not on the Civic Clubs email list. Which muight mean you need to renew your membership. Let me know, I can fix that. 
more Club news, We're working on the Mardi Gras Parade, it comes early this year. If you want to help let me know and I'll get you plugged in. 
And last but not least, The scholarship committee is looking for some help. Betty and Cindy have been at the helm for several years and would like to hand the reins off to some new blood. It's a good reason for you to get a little more involved. Surely you can squeeze a couple of hours a year out of your busy schedule.

Neighbor Reid  doesn't know it yet but I have volunteered him for kitchen duty for ManCakes. Reid, you said you wanted to come out and play more in 2013. So far it's you, McNamara and Me. Boys, it's first come, first served. 


From neighbor Steve: 
Viewers in the JSC area will be able to see the International Space Station this week.
Wednesday, Jan. 9, 6:13 a.m. (Duration: 6 minutes)
Path: 10 degrees above SSW to 10 degrees above NE
Maximum elevation: 48 degrees
Friday, Jan. 11, 6:11 a.m. (Duration: 5 minutes)
Path: 25 degrees above WSW to 10 degrees above NNE
Maximum elevation: 43 degrees

I recently spent $3,500 on a young Black Angus bull.
I put him out with the herd, but he just ate grass and wouldn't even look at a cow.
I was beginning to wonder if he were gay, if that's possible with a bull.
I had the Vet come to the barn to look at him. He said the bull was very healthy but possibly a little young; therefore, he handed me some pills to feed him once per day.

Oh my stars! The bull started to service the cows within two days.... All of my cows!

He even broke through the fence and bred all my neighbor's cows!  He's been breeding just about everything in sight. He's like a machine!"

I don't know what the heck was in the pills the Vet gave him, but they kinda taste like peppermint.

 




1 comment:

Adelia said...

Today is so crazy - like I stepped back into the real world from yesterday's OZ. I swear I thought I saw the witch and Toto yesterday and today it is all yellow brick road. Have a great one islanders - enjoy the gardening time.