IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Thursday, January 3, 2013

10th Day of Christmas ...


Hold the Lords a Leaping please.
Well here we are in 2013. I hope everyone had a great Christmas/Hanukka and a fabulous New Year. This year should be really interesting with a new City Administrator and a new Secretary and the Mayoral election in May. That’s almost too much “New” if you ask me. Now is probably not the time to drop in a “new” source of info. I’m thinking about retiring from the blog business on it’s second anniversary which is coming up quick. It’s a lot of work and I’m getting lazier in my old age. There are a ton of Facebook sites out there that are updated hourly and I am thinking about putting all their links off to the side here so anyone dropping in will have a choice. What do you think?
Next Tuesday will be the First Council Meeting of the year. Make sure to be there so you can meet Mr. Jones our new C.A. I spoke to Paul and I think it will be his last meeting. Speaking of ….

 
This from the Water Board
Subject: Update on Water Supplies
The meeting will be held at Clear Lake Shores Club House on Monday, January 7, 2013 at 7:00 pm.  Mr. Ivan Langford of Gulf Coast Water Authority will present update information on our Drought Contingency Plan and future Water Supplies.  There is going to be a joint meeting of the City Councils of Kemah & Clear Lake Shores and their CDC's along WCID#12 to discuss future development for our cities.  The public is invited to attend.

Linda Merryman

Does anyone know if Alice got her cat back ?


“ I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once. ”
-- Ashleigh
Brilliant

4 comments:

Rob Scherer said...

AB, I know a lot of work is involved keeping the blog up and running, and I thank you for your hard work. I only hope you reconsider shutting it down. This blog has been vital in getting the truth out to those who remain committed to moving the island forward. With the upcoming election in May, the blog becomes even more important. Please think on it before making a final decision.

Roselyn said...

Ditto Rob.

Adelia said...

I have to bring my own computer on the road to check facebook or other locations but can get into the blog to check for announcements from work. I will sure miss the free flow of information found here. Thanks Alan, I know you have given us a great gift and we all know what it cost you to do so. I would like to hear some alternatives as well and would be willing to work with others to develop some agreed upon guidelines (such as when to kill anon) and take turns managing putting announcements on

Craig said...

The blog has taken on a life of its own and saved CLS this past year. Maybe like the islander someone else can take it over and keep it going. I think we need to keep it alive one way or another.

Craig