IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Friday, December 14, 2012

Whew!


Snow Day!!
Spread the word, the City is going to bring in a snow making machine this Friday at 2 o’clock, up at the Club House. How much fun is that going to be!?
That’s the good news. The bad/sad news is this is Karens last day. I miss you already. Thanks for the great job you did for our City.

Ever seen a sign that says "Bears here" ? Sounds pretty weird but I know where there is one.
At Tom and Diane's place, 226 Narcissus, there is a black bin with said sign. Diane is collecting them for the patients at Harbor View Nursing Home for Christmas. This from Diane "I already have a 29 but I would love to collect as many as possible. I am asking for new or very gently loved stuffed animals. They do not have to be bears." Now that’s a good cause!

Make sure you have your Christmas lights on this evening. The off island judges will be making the rounds tonight and awarding First, Second and Third places for your display.
And don't forget to keep an ear out for...
 The Clear Creek High School Symphonic Chorale is having their annual Christmas Party at our house this year. They will do some caroling around the neighborhood. Please pass the word for folks to listen for them on Friday night, Dec. 14th.

This is for all you Bicycle lovers. I stopped by Hurricane Bikes on Egret Bay, lots of cool bikes. Lots. But I picked this up.
Gulf Coast Bicycle Swap & Show
Swap meet sponsored by Bay Area Coasters Riding Club
December 22, 2012 @ Bayou City Bicycle Park
1931 Main Street La Marque
Swap & Bicycle Show 9AM – 4PM
To hold a spot for the swap or sign up a bike for the show please send an email to staff@bayareacoasters.com

My idea of Christmas, whether old-fashioned or modern, is very simple: loving others. Come to think of it, why do we have to wait for Christmas to do that?"
~ Bob Hope

2 comments:

Craig said...

All I want for Christmas is for Paul and Karen to stay. Looks like ill have to settle for a bag of switches and a lump of coal. I hope you both realize how much you are appreciated and how much you will be missed. Don't let the unhappy few take that out of perspective. GOOD LUCK to both of you.

Craig

Craig said...

Pray for the victims and survivors in newton ct. What in the hell is going on in this insane world?

Craig