IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Is it Friday yet?


Snow Day!!
Spread the word, the City is going to bring in a snow making machine this Friday at 2 o’clock, up at the Club House. How much fun is that going to be!?

Ever seen a sign that says "Bears here" ? Sounds pretty weird but I know where there is one.
At Tom and Diane's place, 226 Narcissus, there is a black bin with said sign. Diane is collecting them for the patients at Harbor View Nursing Home for Christmas. This from Diane "I already have a 29 but I would love to collect as many as possible. I am asking for new or very gently loved stuffed animals. They do not have to be bears." Now that’s a good cause!

A special shout out to neighbor Steve for all his “heads up” on Space Station sightings. Neeltje B wanted me to pass that along. Thanks Steve!

An old, blind cowboy wanders into an all-girl biker bar by mistake.
He finds his way to a bar stool and orders a shot of Jack Daniels
.
After sitting there for a while, he yells to the bartender,
'Hey, you wanna hear a blonde joke?'
The bar immediately falls absolutely silent.
In a very deep, husky voice, the woman next to him says,
'Before you tell that joke, Cowboy, I think it is only fair,
Given that you are blind, that you should know five things:

1. The bartender is a blonde girl with a baseball bat.
2. The bouncer is a blonde girl.
3. I'm a 6-foot tall, 175-pound blonde woman with a black belt in karate.
4. The woman sitting next to me is blonde and a professional weight lifter.
5. The lady to your right is blonde and a professional wrestler.
Now, think about it seriously, Cowboy.
Do you still wanna tell that blonde joke?'

The blind cowboy thinks for a second, shakes his head and mutters,
'No, not if I'm gonna have to explain it five times.'
 

1 comment:

Craig said...

Alan,
Is there a secret password or do you be in with the right folks to get a picture of the golf cart parade? We had the helicopter and we had somebody in the helicopter taking pictures. It seems like that person would like to make some money selling the pictures. Can anyone help me crack the code to getting a few copies? I need them for Christmas.

Craig