IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

meeting tonight?


    From the GCDN

    Clear Lake Shores picks new city administrator

    Posted: Tuesday, December 18, 2012 12:30 am | Updated: 7:51 am, Tue Dec 18, 2012.
    CLEAR LAKE SHORES — The city offered George Jones of Tulsa, Okla. the city administrator’s position Monday.
    The search for a new administrator began in August when City Administrator Paul Shelley announced he did not plan to renew his contract when it expires in January. 

    A recent joint study conducted by the Department of Health and the
    Department of Motor Vehicles indicates that 23% of traffic accidents are
    alcohol related.

    This means that the remaining 77% are caused by assholes who drink bottled
    water, starbucks, soda, juice, energy drinks, and shit like that.

    Therefore, beware of those who do not drink alcohol. They cause three times
    as many accidents.

    This message is sent to you by someone who worries about your safety.

    1 comment:

    Bryan said...

    Interesting. George Jones did a sone about Tulsa once....

    Where's that gal with the red dress on,
    Some folks call her Dinah
    Stole my heart away from me
    Way down in Louisiana.

    Chorus:
    Take me back to Tulsa,
    I'm too young to marry
    Take me back to Tulsa,
    I'm too young to marry.

    --- Instrumental ---

    Little bee sucks the blossom
    The big bee gives the honey
    Dark man picks the cotton
    The white man gets the money.

    Chorus:
    Take me back to Tulsa,
    I'm too young to marry
    Take me back to Tulsa,
    I'm too young to marry.

    --- Instrumental ---

    Walk 'n talk with Susie
    Walk 'n talk with Susie
    Walk 'n talk with Susie
    Walk 'n talk with Susie.

    We'll I've always got a great big smile
    Never do look sour,
    Travelin' all over this country
    Playin' by the hour.

    Chorus:
    Take me back to Tulsa,
    I'm too young to marry
    Take me back to Tulsa,
    I'm too young to marry...