IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Monday, December 10, 2012

Go Texans!


Snow Day!! Spread the word, the City is going to bring in a snow making machine this Friday at 2 o’clock, up at the Club House. How much fun is that going to be!?

 How was that for a Christmas Party? Thanks to Shanna Mac and her partner in crime Pricilla Duffy! They pulled that in Grand Style and have already asked if they could do it again next year. I say heck yeah. What do you think?

Heads up folks we have a lost pooch.

5 comments:

Craig said...

Where can I get a photo of t he golf cart parade taken from the helicopter?

Craig

suzanne hubbard said...

Thanks, Craig. I was hoping to see one on the blog.

Adelia said...

Thanks to Pricilla and Shanna. I remember a time when the nay sayers for Lazy Bend residents in our civic were afraid the Lazy Benders would take over our civic club. Pricilla and others bring a breath of fresh air and are already contributing to it being a better club. I also remember Alan saying shame on us if we don't stay involve enough to stay in charge of our club. I call for all to step up and sponsor an event. You will meet a lot of great people and have some fun too!! I am still going to push for the campout at Jarbou and if we keep practicing Dave and I may actually get another movie night going. I think we have had enough catastrophies to cover the learning curve. WHAT A GREAT PLACE TO LIVE. Lets try to keep it that way.

Craig said...

I was wanting to buy two or three Pictures to have framed and give as presents. Are they for sale or what is the deal let me know who to contact It seems to me a lot of people might like to have a photo for themselves but I haven't heard a thing since the party Can anyone help me. Craig

suzanne hubbard said...

Keep in mind that Karen Mericle's last day is Friday.

I was so glad I was at the CC when Karen was given the floor and had her say. Yep, I would contribute to her attorney's fees if she went after the women that harrassed her and defamed her reputation.

I know you will land on your feet, Karen. Best of luck to you. And thank you for all you did for our slice of paradise.