IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Monday, December 3, 2012

Council Meeting tonight!

This is gonna be one of those good news bad news stories. First the good news. Every now and again I run out to East Star and get a to go box. I load it up, drag it back to the office and practice dropping my chop sticks. I'm pretty good at it too. Dropping the chop sticks i mean. Well for a lot of different reasons I left my wallet at the office so when I got up to the counter to check out guess what. I believe that if the boss would have been there he would have let me slide because he would recognize me as a regular. He wasn't though. I told the kid behind the counter I was sorry and if he'd set it all aside I would be back in 20 minutes. That's when the gentleman behind me spoke up and without asking a question offered to pay for my lunch. No questions asked, just "Let me pay for it". I turned and choked out a thank you. I really got to me. We shook and I told him he had just made my day. Not that it would change anything but now I really wish I would have gotten his name. But I didn't. So to the Latino male who bought this strangers lunch. Merry Christmas my friend. You made mine.

Yes it's true. Karen has submitted her resignation. It's official. It will probably come up at the meeting tomorrow night so if you every wanted to say something now might be the time. Right now 2013 is shaping up to be quite an ordeal. I don't know about you but I dont think I'm ready for this.  

Here's the Agenda.
  1. CALL TO ORDER & PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
  2. Recognition of Kemah Fire Department & Fire Chief Brent Hahn for Texas Department
    State Health Services award of First Responder Organization of the Year
  3. PUBLIC HEARING – 210 Clear Lake Road, demolition of accessory building (ABST 18 PAGE 9 N 1/2 OF LOT 1750 & ALL LOTS 1751 THRU 1758 CLEAR LAKE SHORES)
  4. STAFF/COUNCIL REPORTS: Police Department, Fire Department, Emergency Services Board, City Council
  5. COMMITTEE REPORTS: Economic Development Corporation, Waterfront Compliance Committee, Planning/Zoning Committee, Roads and Drainage Committee, Park Committee, Pool Committee, Civic Club, Council
  6. 7:30 p.m. – CC/EDC JOINT PUBLIC HEARING – TxDOT Transportation Enhancement Program for the Multi-Use Pedestrian and Bicycle Bridge
  7. UNSCHEDULED VISITORS§
  8. CONSENT AGENDA:
    1. Check Register from November 1, 2012 to November 28, 2012
    2. Cash Balance Summary as of November 28, 2012
    3. Minutes for November 6, 2012 regular meeting
    4. Investment report for quarter ending September 30, 2012
    5. 2013 City Holidays
  9. COUNCIL BUSINESS – Discussion and possible action may be taken on the following items:
    1. RESOLUTION 2012-07: A RESOLUTION TO CERTIFY LOCAL FUNDING AND SUPPORT OF THE TOWN CENTER PROJECT MULTI-USE PEDESTRIAN BRIDGE TO THE STATEWIDE
      TRANSPORTATION ENHANCEMENT PROGRAM FOR FUNDING COMPETITION IN THE TEXAS DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION 2012 PROGRAM CALL FOR PROJECTS
    2. ORDINANCE 2012-10: AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY OF CLEAR LAKE SHORES, TEXAS, ADOPTING AMENDMENT NO. III, TO THE ORIGINAL BUDGET OF THE CITY OF CLEAR LAKE SHORES, TEXAS, FOR THE FISCAL YEAR 2011-2012, FUNDING ACCOUNTS IN BUDGET DUE TO
UNFORESEEN SITUATIONS; CONTAINING FINDINGS; PROVIDING FOR SEVERABILITY; AND PROVIDING OTHER DETAILS RELATING TO THE SUBJECT
c. Action from Public Hearing: 210 Clear Lake Road, demolition of accessory building (ABST 18 PAGE 9 N 1/2 OF LOT 1750 & ALL LOTS 1751 THRU 1758 CLEAR LAKE SHORES)
d. Employee Insurance Renewal
  1. EXECUTIVE SESSION: Texas Government Code, Section 551.074: Personnel Matters; to
    deliberate the appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline, or
    dismissal of a public officer or employee (City Administrator Paul Shelley)
  2. Action from EXECUTIVE SESSION: Texas Government Code, Section 551.074: Personnel
    Matters; to deliberate the appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties,
    discipline, or dismissal of a public officer or employee (City Administrator Paul Shelley)
  3. Schedule January 2013 Council Meetings (Laughter)
  4. ADJOURNMENT 

    We're going to have a Christmas Party at the Clubhouse this Friday! At the last minute we had a couple of volunteers step up and agree to co host the event. You can thank Shana McGinty and Priscilla Duffy. No Chair=No event. 

    From neighbor Kendall:
    For Sale: Woman's red leather Dolce and Gabbana trench coat sized S (size 2-4). I am asking $75.00 firm which is a great price for this coat, google Dolce and Gabbana if you don't believe me. It was only worn once or twice and is in perfect condition and fully lined. Classic style that will never go out of fashion and the leather is soft and buttery.

    Interested persons can call 832-348-3670

    "What would you do if a girl kissed you?" "I'd kiss her back." "What if she was a real tall girl?" Moe and Curly..

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Without Karen...

Without Paul...

Come on Council make the exec session with Paul matter. Keep him on as CA.

Anonymous said...

What alot of people do not realize is, Paul is not interested in staying. Would you blame him after all he has been put through. We are in for a rough time ahead with Paul and Karen leaving. Good luck Karen.

Anonymous said...

GOOD JOB NS, DO ANY OF YOU A HOLES HAVE THE BALL TO SHOW UP TONIGHT? TAMI, JEAN, KATHY, BERNIE AND THE REST OF YOUR PATHETIC GANG WHAT ARE YOU IDIOTS GOING TO DO TO HELP RESOLVE THE VOLUMES OF PROBLEMS WE ARE GOING TO HAVE AFTER THESE TWO LEAVE? MY GUESS IS NOTHING. DO ANY OF YOU EVEN HAVE THE BALLS TO POST A COMMENT AND SIGN YOUR NAME? I DOUBT IT. I HOPE EVERYONE REMEMBERS WHAT YOU ALL HAVE DONE TO THIS COMMUNITY FOR DECADES TO COME. WE MUST NEVER FORGET HOW MUCH DAMAGE A SMALL BUNCH OF BITTER, FRIENDLESS, ANGRY A HOLES CAN DO TO A COMMUNITY AND PEPOLES LIVES

Anonymous said...

It would be very difficult to control myself if any of NS shows up tonight.

Anonymous said...

The new city admin will probably bring in his or her own secretary!

Dave C.

Anonymous said...

No way dave

Anonymous said...

Hey anon.

If North Shore does show up tonight don't control yourself Let them have it with both barrels until Kenny throws you out. I guarantee you there will be 10 other people he will have to throw out as well. These dirtbags have now caused problems that will take years to fix not to mention the Money we have wasted. They try to dig up problems that didn't exist and in the process created far more problems than we could've ever imagined. I hope they have miserable lives on this island as long as they live here. I think the most pathetic thing is that they don't get it and they are proud of what they've done.

Anonymous said...

Is it possible CLS will be in the worse shape ever without Paul and now Karen. Sure hope the new admin has a lot of experience and can train a new sec.

Good luck to Paul and Karen. I understand when "enough is enough" and that was probably a year ago for you. Thanks for all you have done and all you put up with. You will be missed.

Anonymous said...

Could not believe Katy McI and Peggy Wright could not stand during the ovation for Karen.

Who voted agaist the pedestrian bridge?

Suzanne said...

Naming the pavilion after Paul Shelley is a brillant idea. Thank you Jim, for the idea and to Lynda for bringing it to Council's attention.

Anonymous said...

No standing O from NS, not surprising. Trashy B's to the end.

Anonymous said...

Wonder how long it will take for the "book club" to start meeting to discuss Paul and Karen's replacements and what happened in the executive session? Their plan is still working.

Anonymous said...

Don't stand up for Karen , just shows what a piece ------
they are , it really shows what kind of people they are.
Real pillars of our community, just saying !

Anonymous said...

I really doubt Paul or Karen give a shit weather those old bats stand up uunless it's to walk out the door.

Anonymous said...

I had to leave. I thought I was going to be ill....Katherine and Peggy not standing for Karen, then Arline still questioning credit card charges, then Carlo questioning if all the staff holidays are standard..........I want to move from here.

Love you and Thank you for your many years of service Karen, Paul, and yes, Tina, and sorry our community is so pitiful and not about community but about a few narcissistic personalities.

Roselyn

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't't expect anything less from Jim Mago, he's all class. Even after the way Kathy and company screwed him, he still did a lot for u. Seems to be the status quo these days...

Roselyn said...

I found a sweet older dog in middle of East Shore this AM. She is white with tan face. Pointed ears and long shaggy tail. Has a collar but no tags. Hiding under my bed now. Call Roselyn to come get her. 281-334-2973

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately I missed the meeting last night but I hear Kathy and Peggy couldn't bother themselves to stand up and acknowledge all of Paul and Karen's hard work over the many many years. There is no words to describe people like them. How can either of them criticize. Kathy was the worst mayor in CLS history I have heard many times and Peggy can't even get anything done on the parks committee. First her community garden was a complete fail and now she is trying to spend 5000 plus for a dog park that a very small percentage of our community will use. That is stupid when there is a perfectly good park a few blocks down in kemah. I heard at one meeting that parks fence has a gap at the bottom on one side. Call kemah and offer to take $100 and fix the gap. Peggy and Kathy you are poor excuses for humans as is the rest of NS. PLEASE MOVE.

Anonymous said...

I can't speak about Kathy. I can tell you though that Pege (not Peggy) Wright is a compassionate person who gives of her time and talents to many people and organizations. She has a heart of gold and would give you the shirt off her back if you were in need.
Sign me,
Ann Reyna

DaveC. said...

Please take anon button off. Please sign your posts like adults.

Dave C.

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, she's a peach--just ask her neighbour