IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Monday, October 29, 2012

Today's the Day!


At 5:00 this afternoon I will send in the 50th anniversary t-shirt order form. If you haven’t ordered yours you have a few hours to go. If you haven’t paid for your order you can pay when you pick it up. That will be one week from Friday. The Friday before the Celebration. I’m talking November 9th.


A snowy hurricane. Can it get any worse? I guess if you could only get Bee-Gees disco on your radio…To all our friends and family up east, be safe.


The Civic Club meeting is Thursday. This Thursday. See your Islander for Potluck assignments.


From Neighbor Steve:
Viewers in the JSC area will be able to see the International Space Station this week.
Monday, Oct. 29, 7:58 p.m. (Duration: 2 minutes)
Path: 10 degrees above NNW to 36 degrees above N
Maximum elevation: 36 degrees
 Wednesday, Oct. 31, 7:55 p.m. (Duration: 5 minutes)
Path: 10 degrees above NW to 21 degrees above SSE
Maximum elevation: 46 degrees
 Thursday, Nov. 1, 7:05 p.m. (Duration: 6 minutes)
Path: 11 degrees above NW to 10 degrees above SE
Maximum elevation: 75 degrees



“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”
― Mae West


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

At first I thought the hurricane out east was horrible. Then I saw it was going to hit the jersey shore. After watching an episode of that show which was one too many I think this might be part of the bigger picture of natural selection or a thinning of the herd and only those on the jersey shore that actually have brain cells will survive. If so that will be one Barron community tomorrow

Roselyn said...

Albert Einstein emigrated To and died in New Jersey.

Anonymous said...

Thomas Edison was from NJ

Anonymous said...

A very good friend of mine comes from/is living in New Jersey and one of the kindest gentlest people on this planet. If we let the media be our judge of people, CLS has not been exactly the place we recognise according to them. So let's not be quite so hasty in our opinions based on a TV program.

Adelia said...

Dave and I went to the New Jersey shore last year and those who have not been there are missing out. I am sure there are lots of "jersey shore" types but Cape May and some of the other places we visited were beautiful. Made me upset when I saw the damage and hope they recover soon. Don't see how anyone who went through Ike would wish anything like that on anyone else. Is there something bad in the water here recently?

Anonymous said...

Geeeeezzzz take a pill it was a joke about the jersey shore show. A joke PEPOLE. Lighten up.

Anonymous said...

Not funny dumbassm

Anonymous said...

A joke in the worst possible taste and not funny!

Anonymous said...

I don't have a dog in this fight but I just thought I would point out dumb ass is two words and does not end in m. Sure. Makes you wonder who the real dumbassm is.