IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Friday, October 12, 2012

It's FRIDAY!

I just sent out this email
It's a GO! We are ready to take orders for the special edition 50th Anniversary T-Shirts. You can stop by City Hall and fill out an order form or you can reply to this email. Please note the cutoff date is October 29th so you only have 17 days to place your order.

Specify quantity.
Specify Color (Blue or White) 
Shirt pocket or no pocket (add $2 for pocket)
Size - small, medium, large, XL and XXL (add $2 for XXL)

Like this, and this is my order.
1 white with pocket XL $17
1 white no pocket M $15
1 blue no pocket S $15



This is to all you fresh fruit and veggie lovers from the Farmers Market. Now you know what to do with ALL those extra goodies!
"We have A LOT of neighbors with fruit trees and I am sure they have an abundance of oranges, limes, lemons, grapefruits, etc.  I have contacted the agriculture department and we are allowed to sell them at the farmers market.  My idea is to have people donate their fruit, sell it at the market, with all the proceeds (less the booth fee) going to the CLS scholarship fund.  I think this could be fun and maybe help re-engage people with the market as well as helping the scholarship fund.  Let me know your thoughts."

I just got an email from Shirley AKA the punkin lady and she says we're on for punkin hangin Saturday!!

Hey Friends!
It's another Parrot Head Friday Night at Noah's Ark with Senor Beans!  Come on down and party with us tonight (you don't have to be a Parrot Head and we would love to have you join us!).  Good food, good friends and good times.

The music starts at 7 and goes til 10.  To get there from I-45 or SH146, take FM646 to the water, take a left and go one block.  You're there! Tthe veiw is awesome, the weather perfect and the time is right!

Luv you Guys!
Senor Beans


Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself.
Mark Twain

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We had a great Farrmers Market today! Thank you to Jill and Lynda for providing the grapefruits and okra. We sold out of everything by 11:00 and were able to raise money for the scholarship fund. We will be doing this again on the 20th and 27th of this month. If you have any surplus fruits and veggies that you would like to donate, please email info@farmersmarketatcls.com.

Also a huge "Thank You" to all of our island residents that came out to show your support!

The Farmers Market Committee