IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Monday, October 1, 2012

In 1982


Sony began selling the first CD Player. Yeah. 30 years.

City Council meeting is tonight! Regular time just a different day. See you there.

National Night Out is tomorrow and we couldn’t ask for better weather. Below is the schedule. We will start at 6:00 Lazy Lane and Birch.  Pack the family in your golf cart and follow along, or get on your scooter, bike or roller skates and join us anywhere along the route for a fun time.  Get acquainted with our police force during the evening. Want to help? We could use a hand or two handing out drinks and hot dogs.
 Parade moves at
            6:15 to South Shore & Narcissus
            6:30 Forest and West Shore
            6:45 Pine and Ivy
            7:00 Queen and Juniper
            7:15 to 8:00 Sundial Park

The Children’s Fishing Derby is THIS SATURDAY! Get an application in your Islander!!

The Cookers will be ready to serve the public at NOON on Saturday. Come on out cheer for your favorite or just to sample all of the yummy goodness you know will be there.

WEDNESDAY IS THE LAST DAY TO REGISTER
email me for instructions
Clear Lake Shores BBQ Cook Off
October 6th

Entries. $10 per entry, no limit per team
Sausage, minimum 2 lbs, Turn in 4:15
Chicken, No restrictions, Turn in 4:45
Ribs, Pork, back or country style, Turn in 5:15
Brisket, Not tagged, Turn in 5:45
Beans, No restrictions. Turn in 6:00
Desert, No restrictions, Turn in 6:15
Chef’s Choice – First Place only. Turn in 6:30

Ties will be settled with a coin toss
          allanmbatchelor@gmail.com

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Allan, for doing all the preliminary work for CLS's 50th Anniv. I find it very odd Council seemed to collectively drop their jaws when you mentioned the cost. Are they bringing anything to the table? Like inviting previous Council members or mayors that might have moved? I bet they have nice invitations ordered for it. I hope they get back with you on a date very soon. Did any of them thank you for getting the caterer's price or the T shirts?

Anonymous said...

Kuddos to Alan! We are lucky to have you. I also support our EDC but question the need for the new website and the cost. Don't think it is justified - what are we selling? I didn't aggee with the Big A sign for the clubhouse either. I am curious why this money is not being directed toward finishing the town center. It seems that would do a lot more to bring in new revenue and improve the island as a whole. Why are we not moving forward there? If it is a lack of funding I suggest we quit finding other places to spend.

Bryan said...

Hey Anon #2

Public Hearing on the new Website is tonight at 6:30. The EDC Meeting for October is a week from today, 10/9, at 7:00.

See you there?

Anonymous said...

Anon 2 will be at the NNA tonight so will miss it. It would be nice to have some information distributed. I do appreciate the work you guys put in and trust your judgement. Wish I could attend both.

Anonymous said...

Does anyone know what happens next concerning Deniese. I heard they met about it for a long time last night but didn't let anyone know what was going on. I missed the meeting so I need some one to fill in the blanks for me. Is she getting fired or what. I also heard the NS Came out of hiding to support her. That is reason enough in my book to send her down the road. What's up? Anybody know?

Anonymous said...

I know everyone is busy and there is a lot on everyone's plate right now but I wish more importance was being put on this anniversary. I have a few ideas and am willing to help but we don't even have a date yet. Come on y'all how much time could that it take to Set a date?I also think council should be more aggressive in getting this done. It really isn't a civic club thing as much as it is a city thing. What can I do to help. Let me know

Craig

Ps. I'm curious too. What is the next step with officer Jansen. Did things get better after the meeting 3 months ago or is there still problems. I know sometimes this information is sensitive and not everything is for all to hear but I think if we had some idea what's next a lot of the rumors could be kept to a minimum. RUMORS!!! In clear lake shores? Impossible you say. Yes it is true. It has been rumored that rumors have spread in the past in CLS. So lets kill them with facts this time

Anonymous said...

I thought I would puke when Catherine leaned over and kissed Denise on the cheek. I am wondering now if Catherine, Tami and Jackie had promised her the police chiefs job.

Anonymous said...

Didn't Denise get demoted in June (no cut in pay),yet, the CC agenda referred to her as a SGT? What am I missing? Is it she is no longer a dectective?

Seeing her with the NS gang made me ill. What damage so few people did to our paradise. Why stay somewhere if 90% of the people do not want you? She can hang with NS at CC but does not show once again at NNO. How does she plan on restoring her reputation with the community by staying away from them. PLEASE Council and Kenny - work on that file so she can be gone once and for all. It is way beyond time to clear the air and move forward. She represents a negative force due to her hateful actions.