IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

HOT!!


 off the wire! Get your Geek on!!  Disney is buying Lucasfilm with plans for a new Star Wars movie in 2015! I think I’m having palpitations…..

I love a story with a happy ending. I was notified, rather quickly, last night that the participants in the physics experiment relating to the tensile strength of glass were informed their collective efforts had not gone unnoticed and they had been dispatched, post haste, to the scene to collect the evidence of their poor choice. Bravo! As I passed along to the dad, That is exactly what makes this place great! It wasn’t that long ago my family was enjoying dinner down at San Lorenzos, my phone rang and it was one of our officers asking if this was Waytts dad.

Early Voting ends Friday. You don’t have to do this the hard way, you just have to do it.

From Neighbor Steve: See the International Space Station!
Wednesday, Oct. 31, 7:55 p.m. (Duration: 5 minutes)
Path: 10 degrees above NW to 21 degrees above SSE
Maximum elevation: 46 degrees
 Thursday, Nov. 1, 7:05 p.m. (Duration: 6 minutes)
Path: 11 degrees above NW to 10 degrees above SE
Maximum elevation: 75 degrees

Tomorrow is Halloween! When the sun goes down hang up and drive!
And remember this part..
Kathy Smith here...wife of Wyatt Smith (residents of Clear Lake Shores & Civic Club members).   I am sending a request to you from my daughter Lindsey Uresti, a Senior at Clear Falls High School, and officer in the Theatre Department.   She asked if you could please send out the attached flier to residents on your email list here in Clear Lake Shores.    The Clear Falls High Theatre students will be in Clear Lake Shores on Halloween night collecting non-perishable canned goods for the less fortunate (see attached flier)....all cans will be donated to Interfaith Caring Ministries.  

Clear Falls High Theatre has chosen CLS as the neighborhood to collect from this year.   The students will be collecting from 7:30-9:00pm on Halloween night, Wednesday, 10/31/12.    We hope to get the info. out on the marque board early next week and would appreciate your help in sending out the attached flier to CLS residents.

2 comments:

David Ruocco said...

I left a box of canned goods on my driveway but no one picked them up...was the can drive cancelled? If not is there someplace, besides Interfaith Caring Minisrties, that I can drop them off?

David Ruocco said...
This comment has been removed by the author.