IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Friday Eve


Childrens Fishing tournament is this Saturday. You can sign up at 9AM at Deep Hole Park. See you there!

Club Meeting is tonight! Be there we have LOTS to talk about. I’m still looking for a couple of Frisbee throwers. Come on , you know who you are…

-----Good Cause Alert-------
From neighbor Pege Wright. 
Hi Allan,
 I am going to walk in the Breast Cancer Walk in Key West next month but I am going to try and raise some bucks before I go.
Do you think you could put this on your blog…I will be at the Bar B Que Saturday if anyone would like to donate and at almost every meeting this month at the Club House…
 Since this is the Month for this cancer ribbon,, I am hoping for lots of contributors…

  Pege
PUNKIN HANGIN’ IS BACK ON!!!
Looks like Saturday, October 13th will be the best for us.  We will try to mow in the morning and be ready to hang pumpkins at 3 PM.    Hope it is not a wash out again.  Shirley
Please come out and help keep this tradition alive!!

BBQ Cook-off is this Saturday. We will be ready to serve you a plate of yummy goodness as close to noon as we can make it. Come on out! Yes there will be a keg.
Sausage, Turn in 4:15
Chicken, Turn in 4:45
Ribs, Pork, Turn in 5:15
Brisket, Turn in 5:45
Beans, Turn in 6:00
Desert, Turn in 6:15
Chef’s Choice – First Place only. Turn in 6:30

Followed by Jammin on Jarboe!

Wings Over Houston Air Show is coming up on the 27-28.

“Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote” Benjamin Franklin

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cannot wait to hear all the good 50th Anniv. ideas at the Civic Club tonight! Wouldn't 50th Koozies be great? My old CLS koozie is about shot.

Can't wait until the Bar B Q. What time can we start buying our dinner?

Anonymous said...

I know it BBQ cookoff day Saturday but Dave neveling wanted everyone to know he is having his cd kickoff party at the big easy in Houston off of Kirby that night. They start playing at 930. There is a five dollar cover charge but he will give you a free cd. There will be time to do both if you can find a designated driver
Craig

Suzanne said...

So glad the date was set for celebrating CLS 50th Anniversary. There is much planned so watch for more details for Sat., Nov. 10TH.

In CLS tradition there will be an anniversary golf cart parade starting promptly at noon near Jarboe. Think about decorating in a 50th theme or a historical theme or not decorating at all. Please plan on participating. It will be great fun!

Adelia said...

I am confused pm the BBQ. You are serving at noon but it looks like all the turn in times are after 4. I may be home Saturday afternoon and sure will come enjoy with you!! Can't wait to get there.

Adelia said...

Oh wait THIS saturday I forgot. FUDGE!! I will not be there but only dreaming of BBQ. Eat a plate for me guys. Hope to be home for the pumpkin hangin. What a great island event and a wonderful thing to do for someone who has been doing it for our benefit for years.