IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Sunday, October 7, 2012

24 hours later

What a difference in the weather huh? Well who knew that my grandmothers old family recipe for smoked meatloaf would win Chef's Choice at the first ever Civic Club BBQ cook off? Jsut kidding. I did that just for you Adelia. The Chef's Choice was the heartbreak story of the event. It was a tie between Team FSP and Team Skooley. Allow me to explain. FSP, which stands for Free Sean Payton, Was Bryan Hoerner and Danny Otto and Skooley was Rob Brown and Mark Thompson. It all boiled down to a pulled pork and crawfish etouffe in a pastry. The judges were hopelessly torn between the two and the scores were tied. As stated in the rules there was only one place for Chef's Choice and all ties, and there were others, would be settled with a coin toss. Apparently Lady Luck had a hankering for pulled pork. I don't have all the winner info in front of me so I can't post it now but I'll get it out there tonight or tomorrow. Thanks to all who cooked and to all who cme out and ate. I hope you had as much fun as I did. I've got everything cleaned and put up so it must be nap time.

Punkin' Day is next Saturday! Come on out, it's going to be something special. Looks like Saturday, It's the brick house across the street from the entrance to Watergate / Waterford Harbor. 3 PM is when we're going to get started. See you there and bring your kids!

Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do.
Benjamin Franklin

2 comments:

Adelia said...

Good one Alan you had me going there for a minute. Sorry I missed all the fun and can't wait till next year. I am sure from the cooks that participated that the dishes were all great. I am planning my golf cart decorations for the 50th parade. Dave is an old fuddy duddy and is discouraging the full fireworks display from the golf cart top. Something about catching houses on fire. Still working on it. Hope to be home for the Punkin Hangin. We are leaving the mountain home hopefully for the last time this year Thursday around 11.

Anonymous said...

Allan, Great event. Thanks for putting your blood sweat and super-human effort into this.

You're making our city a better place.