IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Thursday, October 11, 2012

10/11/12

If you're into that sort of thing. A couple of quick things. 

Neighbor Lee Johnson is in the hospital if you hadn't heard. He's at John Sealy in Galveston. Please keep him in your prayers. 

Don't forget the punkin' Hangin' is Saturday! If you go please send my best and let her know I'll be there when it's time for them to come down.

My Mosquito magnet is busted. I love the machine but I'm missing the Clean and Clear valve needed to troublshoot. Anybody got one I can borrow for an hour or so? 

We are almost ready to order the 50th anniversary T-Shirts. Please help me spread this word. They are going to be preordered ONLY. If you do not order one prior to the event you will not have one. Pretty simple huh. We'll see. You can order a white shirt or a blue shirt. Pockets will be an extra $2. XX $2 extra. Big logo on the back small logo on the front breast. An email will go out as soon as we get the $$ hammered out but they are looking like $15 a shirt.

Most of you have heard or seen what I referred to as Merryman's Bird. I choose to think this does not apply to any of our neighbor fisherman but who knows. This poor beast was caught up in and hung by the neck in discarded fishing line. Parents, please pass this on to your kids who fish. That backlash goes in a trash container not in the water or on the bank. It troubles me a tad to know there are people out there that are so stupid that I even need to say this. Our parks department worked with the Coast Guard to have special containers placed around the Island just for discarded line. Does anyone monitor these containers? Are they being used? Who empties them? Do we need one at the Flounder Pond? 

Enjoy your Thursday. I am.

Anybody can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right person and to the right degree and at the right time and for the right purpose, and in the right way - that is not within everybody's power and is not easy.
-Aristotle

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just saw the logo on the city's website. Great job on the design, Al Burns.

When you say the choices are blue or white...what shade of blue? turquoise would be beautiful with Al's design.

Gasafe Concorde said...

Mosquito Magnet Machines are really needed for home. It is a really good product to safe people from diseases.