IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Monday, September 17, 2012

Old yet?

40 years ago, M.A.S.H premiered on CBS. Yes. 40. Years.



What to do, what to do. We have friends and neighbors who are not happy with each other. I have heard rumors and third/fourth party statements but that’s all. I do not know what went down and I will not guess. It’s not so much that I don’t want to know as much as it’s none of my business. When friends are involved there can be no “side” to take. To my friends, I will offer any assistance if I think it will lead to a resolution. I need everyone to take a deep breath and a couple of steps back. I hear some hurtful things said by all and that pains me. I know some things can’t be taken back and that is why I asked the editor to shut down comments for a while. Please, friends work this out one way or the other. It sounds like a very personal issue that needs to be settled by the parties involved and the last thing this fire needs is some disconnected knothead to say something stupid one way or the other. Please, I’m begging you.



The Third annual BLOCK PARTY is ON!! If you missed it it’s a simple gathering with our Lazy Bend neighbors. It will be this Friday from 6 to 9. JT has threatened to bring out his guitar just for us. I’ll bring a table and some snacks, PDuffey will do the same. Bring a chair and some finger foods to share and lets enjoy a beautiful fall evening and meet somebody new!!


Orbiter Endeavour’s fly over has been delayed until tomorrow. This update from neighbor Steve:

Endeavour and the Shuttle Carrier Aircraft are ready to go, but the weather is not. The cold front has slowed and now is not expected to clear Houston in time for a safe arrival Monday at Ellington.

The Ferry Flight Readiness Review was followed by a separate more-detailed weather discussion and the decision was made to delay start of the Ferry at least one day and brief weather again at 10 am Central (11 EDT) Tuesday.

So for safety of the vehicle in transit, the plan now shifts one day with a Houston/Ellington stopover including one night now with departure for California near sunrise Wednesday.

Under this new schedule, the SCA will depart Tuesday for Ellington; Wednesday for Edwards/Dryden with a fueling stop at El Paso’s Biggs AAF.



Club News:

Movie Night is proceeding albeit slowly. I have completed the Exhibition Request and sent it back to our account rep. As soon as we get the licensing in place we’ll pick a date.

I have completed the last of the Federal tax forms for the club to get us squared away with our Tax ID.



Clear Lake Shores BBQ Cook Off

Oct. 6 2012

Open to all Citizens of CLS, Lazy Bend, Watergate, Legend Point, Port O Fino

Entries

$10 per entry, no limit per team

Brisket, not tagged

Ribs, Pork, back or country style

Chicken, No restrictions

Sausage, minimum 2 lbs

Beans, No restrictions

Desert, No restrictions

Chef’s Choice, No restrictions

Rules

All entries must be cooked on site

No restrictions on fuel

Garnishes are allowed

Sauce may be served to the judges on the side

When an entry is turned in for judging the remainder is made available to the public.

Each team will clear its site no later than midnight

The Club

Will award first and second place trophies for every field except Chef’s Choice

Will sell plates, tableware and side dishes for $10

Will provide each team one plate, per entry, at no charge

The Club will also provide

Cold drinks and water for .50

Ice wherever needed, especially on the free beer.

T-Shirts and other Club items will be available

Other

Entries must be registered no later than 30 minutes prior to turn in.

Send all questions to allanmbatchelor@gmail.com

(trailer restrictions)

Ballunar Fest is next weekend! I’m stoked.

A very tired nurse walks into a bank,
totally exhausted after an 18-hour shift. Preparing to write a check, she
pulls a rectal thermometer out of her purse and tries to write with it. When
she realizes her mistake, she looks at the flabbergasted teller, and without
missing a beat, she says:
"Well, that's great....that's just
great..........some asshole's got my pen!!"

No comments: