IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Monday, September 24, 2012

Monday, Monday

so good to me.....
Happy Birthday to my lovely wife and to Ian’s lovely wife Ashly too.

Friz golf is shaping up. I need two volunteers. Preferably one male and one not. No professional Friz chunkers please. The objective is to have you complete the course to establish par. I am warning you hole 4 is a bear. Big. Ugly. Let me know and I’ll provide the Frisbee’s

This from neighbor Kendall, looks like a red drum to me. What do you fisherman think?
Saw this today being caught on the side of the bridge. Thought it might make a good pic for the blog. Tell your wife Happy Birthday. I had company this weekend so I couldn't make any parties.

This from Neighbor Jane. Surely someone out there knows someone looking?
I am looking for ENTRY LEVEL ONLY college grads with degrees in Geology, Environmental Science, Biology, Chemistry or Engineering.  The position requires traveling – 3 weeks on and 1 week off and work 6 days a week out in the field.  They must be in good health, pass a drug screening and be 40 hour HAZWOP OSHA trained.  If they are not OSHA trained and their credentials are great – we will train them.  You can give out my contact info below for resume submittal to my email.  Thanks A!

Thank you,
Jane C. Marzano
Environmental Scientist 3
Shaw Environmental & Infrastructure Group
1401 Enclave Parkway, Suite 250
Houston, Texas 77077
281-235-9254 - Cell

Clear Lake Shores BBQ Cook Off
October 6th

Entries. $10 per entry, no limit per team
Sausage, minimum 2 lbs, Turn in 4:15
Chicken, No restrictions, Turn in 4:45
Ribs, Pork, back or country style, Turn in 5:15
Brisket, Not tagged, Turn in 5:45
Beans, No restrictions. Turn in 6:00
Desert, No restrictions, Turn in 6:15
Chef’s Choice – First Place only. Turn in 6:30

Ties will be settled with a coin toss

Two good ol' boys in a Kentucky trailer park were sitting around talking one afternoon over a cold beer after getting off work. After a while the 1st guy says to the 2nd, " If I was to sneak over to your trailer Saturday and make love to your wife while you was off huntin' and she got pregnant and had a baby, would that make us kin?"
The 2nd guy crooked his head sideways for a minute...scratched his head....
and squinted his eyes thinking real hard about the question.
Finally, he says, "Well, I don't know about kin, but It would make us even."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cameron's rabbit's loose again he was last seen on the bulkhead on South Shore Dr. if anyone sees him give me a call or bring them to our house thanks

Craig

Jay Fenwick said...

The fish in the photo is a Black Drum