IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Farewell


To Endeavour. I got one last glimpse of what has to be one of the most spectacular machines ever built. I hope you got to see it also. It flew right over our little slice of paradise. Wow.


Happy Birthday to Friend and neighbor ShannaMac! 21 at last!!


It’s about to get busy around here. Friday is our third annual Block Party! Come on out and make it your mission to meet at least one new person! Just think, Free Beer! If we can find a volunteer we’ll bring back the duck races for next year. See me or PDuff.
This weekend is the Galveston Island Shrimp Festival. For more go here.
 http://www.yagaspresents.com/shrimpfestival/5k.html
Next weekend is the Ballunar Fest and if you’ve never been you’re missing something way past cool.
The first Tuesday in October is National Night Out and I think we’ll stick with the rolling weenie roast. What do you think?
Saturday the 6th is the Fishing Derby, The BBQ Cook off and Jammin’ on Jarboe. What a way to start a month eh?

I saved the best for last. If you’ve spent any time at all in this area you have seen “The pumpkin house” on 2094. It’s the house in front of the Watergate entrance for you noobs. Every year around this time for as far back as I can remember the owners would get all their decorative pumpkins out of the garage and hang them in one of the many beautiful trees in the front yard. I personally loved ‘em and remember pointing them out to a 4 year old Wyatt in the back seat and hearing him proclaim “They’re Back!” Last year the pumpkins were absent. I was finally put in touch with one Shirley Phillips, and found out the owner was getting up there and just didn’t have the energy to put them all up and then take them down again. I asked if I could help. When I retold this story there were quite a few of you who felt the same as me. That said, The Party will be in her yard at 3 PM on September 30th. I hope we have a crowd and a half to get these punkin’s back in the tree’s where they belong. See you there!


“Life is like a party. You invite a lot of people; some go, some join you, some laugh with you, some didn’t come. But in the end, after the fun, there would be a few who would clean up the mess with you. And most of the time, those were the uninvited ones.”

2 comments:

Adelia said...

I love the pumpkin house too. Dave and I will not be available on the 30th but I hope I can be available on take down day. I have loved seeing it from year to year but being a part of it sounds like even more fun.

Adelia said...

Also can't wait till tonight. This bridge party is soo much fun and every year I get to meet new and wonderful people. Also get to see people I have missed seeing for a while and those who's names I have heard but never got to meet.