IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Back at it.


Busy week this one. All the fun starts tonight at 6 at the City Council / EDC joint workshop. I hear the real fun starts later. They will begin the process of hiring or at least deciding how they will hire a replacement for Paul Shelley who is retiring at the end of this year. I think the most fun will be in the days to come and they will revolve around 7.e. I can’t wait. Agenda below.


A shout out to Craig for grabbing the pile of banana leaves. That’s the little stuff that makes this place so special. Good Job Craigbob.


Next up is the Civic Club meeting back on our regular schedule. See you Thursday. Come prepared ‘cause we have a lot to get caught up on what with BBQ cookoffs and such.


Saturday is a very special Jammin on Jarboe with our very own Senor Beans playing. I hear he has arranged a cold front just for the event. And THAT’S why you’re the man.



Vern Johnson, Mayor AGENDA Al Burns

Richard Sowrey CITY OF CLEAR LAKE SHORES Carlo Ianni

Amanda Booren CITY COUNCIL REGULAR MEETING/PUBLIC HEARING Arline Laughter

September 4, 2012, 7:00 p.m.

NOTICE is hereby given of a Regular Meeting of the City Council of Clear Lake Shores, County of

Galveston, State of Texas, to be held on the above mentioned date and time at the Club House, 931 Cedar

Road, Clear Lake Shores, Texas, for the purpose of considering the following numbered items. The City

Council of the City of Clear Lake Shores, Texas, reserves the right to meet in a closed council session on

any of the below items should the need arise and if applicable pursuant to authorization by Title 5,

Chapter 551, of the Texas Government Code.

1. CALL TO ORDER & PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE

2. PUBLIC HEARING: 2012/13 Budgets for General Fund, Roads & Drainage, Vehicle

Acquisition, Rainy Day Fund, Economic Development Corporation and Plaza Ten 06 Corporation

3. CITY ADMINISTRATOR REPORT, CORRESPONDENCE

4. COMMITTEE REPORTS: Economic Development Corporation, Waterfront Compliance Committee,

Planning and Zoning Committee, Roads and Drainage Committee, Park Committee, Pool Committee,

Civic Club, Council

5. UNSCHEDULED VISITORS

6. CONSENT AGENDA

a. Check Register from August 16 to August 31, 2012

b. Cash Balance Summary as of August 31, 2012

c. Approval of Minutes from August 7, 2012

d. Approval of Minutes from August 21, 2012

e. Waterfront Transfer: A-012A, Mitchell to Thompson

7. COUNCIL BUSINESS – Discussion and Possible Action may be taken on the following items:

a. Hiring Oren “David” Donaldson as a full-time police officer with the Clear Lake Shores Police

Department (Chief Cook)

b. Committee Request Form (Booren)

c. Changes to the Clear Lake Shores Municipal Code: (Chief Cook)

1. Remove paragraph (c) of Section 46-21 of the CLS Municipal Code

2. Change the word “without” to “after” in Section 46-25 (a) of the CLS Municipal Code.

3. Remove “Subject to city council approval, as provided by Section 46-21” which is located in

Section 46-25(b) of the CLS Municipal Code.

d. Hiring Process for City Administrator (Booren)

e. East City Limits and ETJ of Clear Lake Shores (Johnson)



This from Former League City Mayor and current Hardware Tycoon.

Dear Galveston County Friends,

I want to thank the Republican Party of Galveston County Precinct Chairmen residing in Precinct 7 for voting for me to be the Republican nominee for Justice of the Peace Precinct 7 in the upcoming November Election.

I would be most honored to have the support from my friends in Galveston County and

I plan to work extremely hard at being the next Justice of the Peace of Precinct 7. A little about myself

For over 20 years I have run Kemah Hardware, our family owned and operated small business. At this time, I would like to take my years of business and community experience and become the Justice of the Peace for Precinct 7 where I have resided for 25 years.

Along with being a small business owner, I was Mayor of League City from June

2008 through May 2011. My vast knowledge, with experience in conflict resolution in managing our business, working with city employees and the members of city council will undoubtedly help guide me in rendering the significant decisions that are faced in a JP court. These experiences have aptly prepared me for the position of Justice of the Peace, where I can continue to serve my community.

Additionally, I have been appointed by Galveston County Commissioners Court to serve on the Houston-Galveston Area Council Workforce Development board_ I also serve on the Nursing Advisory Council at UTMB and am a member of both League City and the North Galveston County Chambers.

I have been married to my husband Randy for 28 years and we have a 17 year old son, Chandler.

I have pledged to WIN this election and I will need your help. I want to reach out and meet absolutely everyone in the district. Please consider hosting a 'Meet and Greet' for me with your friends and neighbors. Additionally, be sure to let me know of all community events such as HOA meetings, festivals, open board meetings etc_ that I could attend_

I am not asking for donations. I am asking for your VOTE.

Please don't hesitate to email me at tonirandall@verizon or call me at or 281-334-1586.

Toni Randall



I say, if your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to seriously re-examine your life. ~ Bill Watterson, Calvin & Hobbes

No comments: