IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Friday, August 31, 2012

Once in a .....

Blue moon is tonight. As beautiful as it was last night, tonight's the night. And they say it's the last one til 2015. What a way to kick off the last long weekend of summer.


Looking for a buggie? This from neighbor Ty Johnson on Hawthorne.
"Hey Allan. I have a 06 Gas Club Car, lifted with turf tires, rear seat kit, windshield, head and tail lights, speakers and amp that hook up to any head phone jack. I have a firm price of 4k.
Thanks for putting this up on your blog!!"



Looks like Frank is looking for someone interested in the restaurant/bar business. McP? You still looking?


This from new neighbor Jessica;
Hi Allan, My name is Jessica. I am the owner of the new store across from the island 'I Spy.. The Perfect Piece'. Lezlie Smith recommended I contact you to get the word out for some help that I need. A while back my Father was asked by a friend to watch her cat. Since then the cat has had 5 kittens. They are 5 weeks old and have been abandoned by the lady. My Dad also lives on the island, but because he travels so much he can no longer take care of these cats. We were hoping we could find someone who would help foster and adopt these kittens out or would like to adopt one. The mother cat is a very affectionate small short hair tabby with a fluffy tail and all the kittens look like her. He said that he can provide kitten food and litter to whomever would be willing to take these kittens and the mom cat. Please let me know if there is anyone you know of that could help these baby kittens find a good home.
I really appreciate your time.
Thank you, Jessica Compeau 713-384-5919



I discovered J.U.G.S. last night at sunset. Just Us and Guns. I love acronyms. Donna Boyd is a Certified DPS Instructor for concealed handgun classes. If you're interested call her at 832 221 2678. Or come to sunset.


If you wanted to put this on your calendar "January 28th in Susan Criss court for Clear Lake Shores v Jackie Fuller". Should be interesting.


The neverending story is scheduled to wrap up on September 12th at the courthouse in Bacliff. More free entertainment.

"Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured... but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."
Now add this, "Many of those who refuse, or are unable, to prove they are citizens will receive free insurance paid for by those who are forced to buy insurance because they are citizens."



Have a great Labor Day Weekend Ya'll!

I've learned..
That life is like a
Roll of toilet paper.
The closer it gets
To the end, the
Faster it goes.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

What can be done about the Guy on Clear Lake Shores with the Big Pile of Branch / Banana Tree trash right on the road (Between Grove and Hawthorn)? Why isn't the City getting in his face about cleaning it up?

Anonymous said...

Good question the city will follow up on that next week, like tuesday
PS

Anonymous said...

PS = Paul Shelly .... and thank God for that.

CLS ... Keep PS here, he makes Paradise Work !!!

Roselyn said...

I was watching Governor Jendal of Louisiana 4 or 5 times on the Weather Channel last week speaking about the Hurricane as it was sweeping through his state. It was amazing how organized and prepared he was, quickly rattling off where supplies and evacuation shelters were located. I was thinking......Paul is probably the only one we have here who could do the same.

Paul told me 2 weeks ago that he is still filing out Hurricane Ike paperwork with the government because they still owe the City $48,000 (from 5 years ago.) It really scares me to think of how we would manage without him in a hurricane, and I am still pissed that a handful of greedy people started this problem. I am still hopeful though that our current council will correct those mistakes.

Roselyn said...

after posting the above I went to the Clear ,lLake
Shores website. Tuesday council agenda has Amanda's committee presenting criteria for us hiring a full time City Administrator. I will be at this council meeting
Tuesday to see how they have arrived at the conclusion that it would be better to hire someone other than Paul.

Anonymous said...

I'll go pick up the pile. What's the address?

Craig

Tom J said...

I don't know the address, but it is on Clear Lake Rd. Can't miss it.

Anonymous said...

It's Michael and Jean Ann Allen's house between rGrove and Hawthorne. They moved to Kerrville and I think their tenant has just moved out.

Anonymous said...

Sorry guys about pool being locked the police will be over there in a few minutes to unlock it today Enjoy !
PS

Anonymous said...

I understand the need to clean up some properties so they are not a hazard but I don't get how problems are prioritized. I just went by and picked up a pile of banana leaves that filled the bed of my pickup that appeared to be there maybe 10 days or so. They were in the right of way and needed to be removed but from what I understand it had gone as far as the police comeing to her house about them! On the other hand we cleared a lot last week on oak across from Larry that had weeds and plants 6 to 8 feet tall over the whole property and I mean the whole property, every square inch. This lot also haD two huge dead trees that have been dead at least 3 years and one is still hanging over the neighbors house. We are taking it down next week but this lot has not been maintained for probably two years and the owner from what I understand has not received one letter. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to who or why someone gets called out. Can anyone help me understand why a small pickup load of banana tree leaves sitting on the right of way is priority over a literal jungle of a property that had at least two snakes and one rat that I saw and more Mosquitos per square inch than anywhere else on the island. I am all for keeping properties neat and reasonable but I can't Figure out how they decide who gets to slide and who gets a visit from the cops without even receiving a letter. At least the palm leaves were out there because the lady was trying to maintain her property and put the leaves out after trimming back her plants. I am sure I am missing something and there is a good reason as to why and how they decide to enforce these things but I can't figure it out can you?

Craig

Anonymous said...

Thanks Craig for picking up the pile of trash. What a mess ...

Anonymous said...

Ok it's been explained. Letters have gone out to all of those in violation except for a handful that are hard to contact due to bad addresses or numbers. Some such as the bananna leaves get more attention due to citizen complaints. Seems like a reasonable explanation to me. Hopefully everyone will comply and we can clean up the rough spots.

Craig

Anonymous said...

Adellia ... tried to reach Mike's Stump Removal @ 832-881-8363. Got a phonemail message from a "Jeff"? You sure this is the right #?

Thanx ... SP

Anonymous said...

Thank you Craig for picking up the banana leaves. We are sorry we did not know of it sooner or we would have handled it ourselves. You are right about this being one of the benefits of living on the Island, people pitch in and help when needed. We would like to pay you for your services of course. Our tenant can be billed directly, or if you prefer send it to us at: 209 Greenridge Lane, Dripping Springs, TX 78620. We appreciate all of you helping us and keeping on eye on our property. I wasn't aware of this blog until yesterday. If there are any problems like this in the future please contact us at: livinindrippin@austin.rr.com. Thanks again! Jean Anne Allen