IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Happy Birthday To..

MTV! 1981. Remember what the first song was? ………”Video Killed the Radio Star”……


I’m pointing this mostly to whoever does the laundry for whoever fishes. Saltwater fishing. I took Wyatt offshore fishing on the Captain John for his birthday. Nice boat, 70 feet or so built for party boat fishing. Well if you’ve never been on one you need to know that they line the rails with a tray about two inches wide in which they load up with bait. Squid mostly. To stumpy legged people like me that means the bait tray hits you a couple of inches above the knee and just about three inches in to the pant leg. We finally got the smell out of MJ’s car but does anyone have a method to get squid ink out of clothing?


It’s Chick-Fil-A appreciation day. That’s what I’m hearing on the radio. I’m more of a burger guy though. I love chicken, I just prefer it off the grill. And I would rather chew tin foil than eat waffle fries. Amazing what some folks are mad at.


Everybody ready for Hurricane season? You better be.


There will be a brief and informal Civic Club meeting tomorrow evening at 7 PM. We will not have a pot luck and we will keep this meeting as short as possible. See you there.


Due to circumstances beyond our control the First Ever Clear Lake Shores BBQ Cook-Off needs to be postponed. We were juggling tennis balls and someone pitched a chain saw in. Running. Neighbor Amos sent me this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ti3MkTt5qv4

Thanks A. All I can say is he’s a better man than me….



“The only problem with golf is that the slow people are always in front of you and the fast people always end up behind you.”

2 comments:

Craig said...

In response to squid ink and clothing, the solution is gasoline and a match. Dittos on the waffle fries.

DaveC. said...

we are cooking brisket, meatloaf and Sausage at out house on Saturday. All are welcome and Jay is doing tamales, duck and other goodies. Bring a side or dessert to share and we will make this Saturday nite alot of fun. Check back for time.

Adelia and Dave