IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Happy B'day!

To my pal John Wright. And many more my friend.

Is it just me or is this week off to a slow start? Hey Adelia, thanks for all the info on the Dog Days. That was good stuff.

Tax free weekend for all you back to school shoppers, Starts this Friday.

From neighbor Patrick:
Hi Allan, There are 10 days left, for the Whiskerville cats to be adopted out or they face death by injection. The area shelters have housed them for 8 months and they are running out of time. There are about 30 cats left, all indoor animals, and are in wonderful condition. We had the pleasure of bringing " Samantha" home with us on Saturday and she is an affectionate and loving , beautiful black cat with green eyes. We want to encourage everyone who can, to make room for these beautiful cats and adopt one. The charge is only $10.00 and they have all shots, are neutered or spayed. Some are micro chipped. Please help to save them from certain death and visit the Texas City shelter on Loop 197, for a look at these beautiful feline friends. They need our help. Thanks, Lynda and Patrick Michaelski

Word is we have a new but troubled neighbor. His name is Chris and he lives on E Shore. Chris, There has been a lot read and said about you this past week. I will offer these pearls for you to do with as you please. This place has more to offer than meets the eye. It can be wonderful and it can be horrible all in the same day. If you ask for help you will receive it 10 fold and meet friends that will probably last for life. Odds are you will have opportunities offered like none you have ever seen. This Island is truly wonderful like that. If you choose otherwise you will miss out on all this place has to offer and this story will not have a happy ending. It’s all about options. Choose wisely young man.

Letter to a men's helpline...

Hi Bob, I really need your advice on a serious problem:
I have suspected for some time now that my wife has been cheating on me. The usual signs: if the phone rings and I answer, the caller hangs up; she goes out with the girls a lot. I try to stay awake to look out for her when she comes home but I usually fall asleep.
Anyway last night about midnight I hid in the shed behind the boat. When she came home she got out of someone's car buttoning her blouse, then she took her panties out of her purse and slipped them on.
It was at that moment crouched behind the boat that I noticed a hairline crack in the outboard engine mounting bracket.
Is that something I can weld or do I need to replace the whole bracket?






(O|||||O)
The Original Search Engine
for The Whole Wide World
Jeep

3 comments:

Adelia said...

Happy B day John Wright - you can't replace that smile anywhere - I hope you know how many people love you. 3 more days in the mountains of Appalacia. 15 hour day today and yesterday and the mouse has won. I think he set of the "have a heart" just to annoy me several times. I even left the door open for hours last night. Flies in - no mouse out. I worked in the kitchen this weekend and he stayed under the fridge peeking out as if to say what ya doin? I am very!!! lonesome or I wouldn't look forward to seeing a mouse. Can't wait to get home!! Storms tonight - the only advantage is 59 degrees oooh yea. See ya soon.

Stephanie said...

I have a very sweet, black lab pit bull mix in my yard that was running off the island and chasing cars on 2094 this morning. Of course, Ian and Bryan brought her here and my dogs and Randy are super excited. Please come claim her quick if she is yours or even if she isn't. Actually Allan, I think Tinker has been needing a friend in her old age. Thanks, Stephanie
127 Queen 713-724-9129

Stephanie said...

Now she just escaped from my yard and is chasing ducks down Queen. I really am a bad rescue person.