IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Happy Anniversary !

To my wonderful wife of 18 years. How time flies. Married barefoot on the beach in beautiful Destin by a Florida Notary Public named Bonnie. Like it was yesterday, I remember climbing the steps to rickety front porch (the steps were more like a ladder because the stringers were upside down) of our first house down in Sunny San Leon. It was the end of August and we didn’t have A/C. Or blinds, or curtains, hell, we didn’t even have a toilet seat. We had my mom’s vintage 70’s sofa and a 105qt Igloo cooler. And a cordless drill. And a million $ view. We still tell the story of the $65,000 sofa we bought. I love you more now than I did then.

"Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That's relativity." Albert Einstein

3 comments:

Roselyn said...

:)

Adelia said...

Happy B Day Melinda!! Boy given the chance that guy of yours knows how to tell a great story. This one probably earned you a bucket full of points my friend. Have a great day - hope you get to do everything you want

Adelia said...

Sorry I meant A day B day is a little early. Love you both