IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Birthday Boy

A shout out to my biggest breakfast taco fan Philip Adams. Happy Birthday pal. And, yes, I’m working on it.


I was wandering around on the City’s web site and I noticed in the upper right hand corner a “Volunteer” banner. Just what is the Animal Advisory Committee? Check it out http://www.clearlakeshores-tx.gov/



Club news. We got paperwork back from the attorney. We have been reinstated as a club!! WOO HOO! Next stop is the EIN number but we can operate without that for now. Stand by for an email from the club on the next meeting. It’s time to get this BBQ thing up and running!!


Television is bubble gum for the eyes. (Frank Lloyd Wright)




8 comments:

Adelia said...

Lets face it - this whole civic club thing was all about Alan checking out everyone's BBQ entries. Now that he has gathered our secrets he thinks he is better prepared to fight. It will be so sad to see grown men cry like girls. I already have another chef's choice in mind and I am cutting off your access to spice lady steak seasoning. You will never beat the original smoked meatloaf. I will send you my schedule be brave and try to schedule on my days off. Thanks Alan - you have always worked hard (or at least made melinda work hard) to make sure we have fun!! We owe you one.

Adelia said...

To all of those I recommended the tree/yard guy to and then gave them his old # Sorry. Here is his new # - Mike's Stump Removal 832-881-8363. He did my stump grinding (for a REALLY reasonable rate)and used the ground wood to mulch my flower beds. He also cut and stacked the wood that the original (hate him still) guy left behind. He was very polite did a great job.

Bryan said...

Allan - Great job, my friend. Thanks for sticking with this and getting us back on the map as an organization. You are as dedcated as they come.

Let's get some possible BBQ Cook-Off schedule dates out there for consideration, and let's not forget about movie night either.

Anonymous said...

Can someone give me the name and contact number for the guy who carved the trees on the island? Some friends in Kemah ask for it.

Thanks for your help.
Mattie Copeland

Adelia said...

Mattie,
It is "Your Artist" Eric. He lives on Narcissis and is the same guy that did the mural on my house. His number is 281-957-9450

Anonymous said...

Thanks Adelia

Mattie

Roselyn said...

There is a video recipe for Potato Bombs on this website. They are cored and stuffed baked potatoes that are grilled on the BBQ pit They even show you how to stuff them with Spam. Can you believe it? And just in time the the BBQ cook off!

http://www.bbqpitboys.com/recipes/item/345/potato-bombs

Roselyn said...

For the 50 or so of us that signed petition asking the city to clean up Aspen and Tindel streets......court date has been set for January 28th in Susan Criss court for Clear Lake Shores v Jackie Fuller.