IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Monday, August 27, 2012

35th Monday of the Year.

OK, so it looks like tomorrow afternoon Isaac will make landfall and it looks like N.O. is the bull’s-eye. The good news is they should be ready for it. Any odds on how many folks will show up at the Superdome? To all my NOLA buds, be careful please, and if you feel the need to bail let me know and I’ll get the guest room ready.



Here’s one for the President of these here United States. It goes without saying he has no regard for NASA and it’s industry. For better or worse I think most of us here in the Bay Area have come to terms with that. We’ll get our say in November one way of the other. My question is, with the passing of an honest to God National Hero in Neil Armstrong why are the flags of this country not at half staff? WTF?



If you are looking for a buggie you are in the right spot. Ty Johnson on Grove is selling his to make room for his new EZ Go Monster, The Wyattmobile, and there is a good looking Club Car over on E. Shore for just $500.



This from new neighbor Jessica;

Hi Allan, My name is Jessica. I am the owner of the new store across from the island 'I Spy.. The Perfect Piece'. Lezlie Smith recommended I contact you to get the word out for some help that I need. A while back my Father was asked by a friend to watch her cat. Since then the cat has had 5 kittens. They are 5 weeks old and have been abandoned by the lady. My Dad also lives on the island, but because he travels so much he can no longer take care of these cats. We were hoping we could find someone who would help foster and adopt these kittens out or would like to adopt one. The mother cat is a very affectionate small short hair tabby with a fluffy tail and all the kittens look like her. He said that he can provide kitten food and litter to whomever would be willing to take these kittens and the mom cat. Please let me know if there is anyone you know of that could help these baby kittens find a good home.

I really appreciate your time.

Thank you, Jessica Compeau 713-384-5919



From neighbor Steve:

JSC: See the Space Station
Viewers in the JSC area will be able to see the International Space Station this week.

Sunday, Aug. 26, 9:27 p.m. (Duration: 2 minutes)
Path: 13 degrees above NNW to 42 degrees above N
Maximum elevation: 42 degrees


Monday, Aug. 27, 8:38 p.m. (Duration: 4 minutes)
Path: 11 degrees above NNW to 19 degrees above E
Maximum elevation: 28 degrees

Wednesday, Aug. 29, 8:39 p.m. (Duration: 4 minutes)
Path: 28 degrees above NW to 17 degrees above SE
Maximum elevation: 74 degrees




A dream is just a dream. A goal is a dream with a plan and a deadline. (Harvey Mackay)

2 comments:

Flying Spaghetti Monster said...

"A private service is planned in Cincinnati on Friday for astronaut Neil Armstrong, the first man to walk on the moon, and President Barack Obama has ordered U.S. flags to be flown at half-staff."

ab said...

Thank you FSM.