IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

It's Election Day

You have nothing more important to do today than to get your butt out there and VOTE! Do not dishonor the tens of thousands of American Men and Women who gave their all to provide you with this privilege. It is your right. It is your duty. Just in case you hadn’t heard I cast my vote for Judge Mark Foster. I have dealt with him a time or two and with all due respect to the others I think he’s the man for the job.


A big shout out to my brother from another mother, none other than the Toddster, Todd-bob, Todd-o-rama, Toddmeister, toddalamadingdong or the ever popular @$%^ head.

Happy Birthday big guy. I lost the coin toss so you’re cooking with me. Hurry home.


BBQ cookoff update!


Due to circumstances beyond our control the First Ever Clear Lake Shores BBQ Cook-Off needs to be postponed. Please do not call me or email me about this issue. We were juggling tennis balls and someone pitched a chain saw in. Running. We will try to have answers at the Club meeting this Thursday. Until then all I have is “ I don’t know. See you at sunset.


1817 - Pirate Louis Michel Aury resigned his Mexican commission to rule Galveston Island


A drunken man gets on the bus late one night, staggers up the aisle, and sits next to an elderly woman.

She looks the man up and down and says, I've got news for you. "You're going straight to hell!"

The man jumps up out of his seat and shouts, "Shoot, I'm on the wrong bus!"

2 comments:

Adelia said...

What a shame and I have all this extra meat now. I will probably be smoking Saturday anyway just from home.

Bryan said...

Oh well. We now need to get our ducks in a row and do it in the Fall. Maybe we can tie it in with the city Anniversary Party. It will be cooler then anyway.