IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Monday, July 30, 2012

730

I don’t know that I’m ready for August yet. It’s not like I have a choice but that means school start in a few weeks and that marks the end of summer in some places. I usually use Halloween as the end of summer. Hmph.


Officer Ross Eliason’s last day is tomorrow. Thank you for your service sir and all the best in whatever you decide to pursue.


If anyone knows someone looking for a golf cart there are several for sale. Sid has the gorgeous Texas paint job for sale and Lee has at least one in his yard looking for a new home.


BBQ cookoff news!

Lots of folks have been asking when they should show up if they just want some good eats. Here’s what we are aiming for. The first turn in is set for 4:15 and every 30 minutes until 6:45 and Awards as close to 7:00 as we can make it. The rules sent to the entrants and we have about a dozen so far is when an entry is turned in that product is made available to the public. The club is buying a couple of brikets and chickens and such and I will ask the team cooking them to have them ready by 5 or so. That should give anyone interested a great selection of yummy goodness. There will be a selection of cold beverages for everyone.

The last day to register is tomorrow.


Speaking of Walter & Beverly are offering seasoned Oak for anyone who wants it. If you need a connection drop me a line and I’ll hook you up. I’m going to get mine tonite.

Whats this I’m hearing about the City of Houston being the coolest city to live in? I read it yesterday but can’t find it again. A typo and retraction? Enjoy your Monday.



“You know “that look” women get when they want sex? Me neither.” –Steve Martin

2 comments:

mkstrampe said...

Forbes just posted Houston as the coolest city to live in...http://www.forbes.com/sites/morganbrennan/2012/07/26/houston-tops-our-list-of-americas-coolest-cities-to-live/

Bryan said...

However.....

http://www.forbes.com/sites/adrianalopez/2012/07/26/a-look-into-americas-fastest-growing-city/