CONGRATS to Ty and Gherlin Johnson and their brand new baby boy Wyatt!
Can you believe it, the year is half over. Time to get busy. Lots of stuff so take notes.
The 4th of July Civic Club membership drive and golf cart parade!! It’s all on July 4th which is NEXT Wednesday. The parade will start lining up around 10:30 and we’ll end as close to noon as we can at Jarboe Pavilion. We’ll issue parade numbers at the Club House and collect your yearly membership dues so don’t forget to bring an extra $20 bill. There will be First Place Prizes for Adults and one for the kiddos. Good luck! At the pavilion we’ll have all the club goodies out and marked for a quick sale.
The Scholarship committee is still looking for donated items for their silent auction.
June 30, 2012
9am – 2pm
Chick-Fil-A Parking Lot (FM 2094 & HWY 146)
WANTED: PC towers, laptops, laptop batteries, monitors, modems, cables from computers and any electronics, PC boards, bridges and hubs, cell phones, telephones, cell phone batteries, cordless phones, printers, ink cartridges, fax machines, copy machines, radios, CD players, clocks, calculators, car batteries and electric motors.
(No appliances and no televisions)
To contribute your unwanted electronics:
Drop off your items at the Chick-Fil-a parking lot (321 FM 2094, Kemah, TX 77565) at the corner of FM 2094 and HWY 146 on Saturday, June 30th, from 9am to 2pm. Hard drives will be destroyed at the recycling facility or on site if requested. Receipts available upon request.
Questions?? Contact us via: e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
WATER WARS V
It seems the evil commander of the Eastern forces has escaped his alien abductors! He has declared the day of retribution to be Wednesday, July 4th. But since he has a orthodontist appointment he can’t start until 2 and his mom told him to be home by 8. For a lot of reasons he holds the Westies responsible (he’s simple like that) and has declared Water Wars IV ON! For all you newbies out there here are the rules. PLEASE share them with your children!!
1. No physical contact with the opposition. Unless there is a special invitation (wink).
2. No water balloons. I know they seem like a good idea but they are not and they leave a god awful mess.
3. All official parks are hereby designated DMZs. That’s De-Militarized Zone for Larry. That’s right ALL PARKS are safe zones.
4. It’s ON between 14:00 (2 o’clock) and 20:00 8 o’clock Wednesday July 4th. At sunset clear and retire your weapon.
5. No water balloons. If you hit me with a balloon I will hit you with a rock.
6. When this idea was hatched it was all about squirt guns. Not powered pumps that would make a fire fighter drool. While there is no “rule” about pumps and such keep that thought in mind when you are at Home Depot searching for inspiration.
7. Do I even need to say water only? Clean water only? Nothing you wouldn’t put in your mouth? I hope not…..
8. If you want to play, identify yourself and your target. Last year we used the three middle fingers pointing straight up to signal W for west side of Clear Lake Road or the same fingers pointed sideways ∑ letting folks know you represent the East side of the Island. If you blast someone who is not playing you are on your own. Know that some of your neighbors have a very poorly developed sense of humor.
9. Did I mention NO WATER BALLOONS ? I mean it too. No DANG balloons. Spread the word.
A quick word about safety.
DO NOT LET YOUR KIDS DRIVE THE GOLF CART!!!