IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

HOT

What a nice long weekend that was. Started off with a tour of the Railean Rum distillery in sunny San Leon. If you’ve ever had the opportunity to meet Kelly Railean you know what I’m talking about when I say she’s impressive. The lady knows her stuff. I love listening to and watching people who excel at their craft and that most definitely includes her. I think the best part was when she was explaining that everything from the ink in her labels on up are made in the USA. Except the cork. I’m not much of a rum guy but Railean will be on my shelf. If you want to know more give her a call or visit http://www.railean.com/
Then it was off to Gilhooleys for lunch. It’s been too long. Phil, you still make the best BLT on the planet. Noah’s Ark was next and it was nice sitting in the shade with the breeze and the view. Saturday was a trip to Jacksonville. Not Florida, Texas. We took a ride on the Texas State Railroad out of Rusk. It goes through the woods about 20 miles towards Palestine the engine turns around and drags us back to Rusk. We rode on a 1910 ish Steam engine 300. Well worth the trip.

Is it just me or are patrol cars getting fewer and farther between rounds on the Island? Maybe I’m just misremembering but I think I used to see them two or three times a day on weekends. Maybe they were just keeping an eye on me?


JSC: See the Space Station
Viewers in the JSC area will be able to see the International Space Station this week.

Tuesday, June 26, 9:29 p.m. (Duration: three minutes)
Path: 17 degrees above NNW to 22 degrees above E
Maximum elevation: 33 degrees

Wednesday, June 27, 10:11 p.m. (Duration: two minutes)
Path: 16 degrees above WNW to 28 degrees above WSW
Maximum elevation: 28 degrees

Thursday, June 28, 9:18 p.m. (Duration: 3 minutes)
Path: 39 degrees above NW to 21 degrees above SE
Maximum elevation: 78 degrees
The e-waste recycling is this weekend!
Electronic Recycling Details & Important Info:
  • Goal - Collect donations of unwanted electronics
  • Items to collect -PC towers, laptops, laptop batteries, monitors, modems, cables from computers and any electronics, PC boards, bridges and hubs, cell phones, telephones, cell phone batteries, cordless phones, printers, ink cartridges, fax machines, copy machines, radios, CD players, clocks, calculators, car batteries and electronic motors. NOTE - No appliances or televisions accepted.
  • Drop off point - Chick-fil-a parking lot (321 FM 2094, Kemah, TX 77565) on Saturday, June 30th, from 9AM-2PM
  • Questions - Contact Brenda Vige (832-444-2852) or Melissa Welch (713-870-7463)



The older I get, the smarter my Dad gets. (Mark Twain)

1 comment:

DaveC. said...

Too hot to type!!!!!
dave c