IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

31

I love a story with a happy ending. Especially after sitting through the debacle at the Special Council meeting last night.

From neighbor Marta:

Hi All,

Thanks on behalf of Richard Robinson (The Glass Man)! Harley has been found and is now at home. Some fine neighbor on N. Shore found her and called April Sommers.

I was talking to my friend Kay and said BTW, if you see this dog give me a call. She saw her neighbor walking and said hey if you see this dog let me know. The neighbor said "April has that dog!". And, that's how it happened!

That's how this wonderful island turns. While I was out carting this afternoon, looking for Harley and asking everyone I saw if they had seen her, I came across Sally and Craig. Both out doing the same. Looking for Harley!
We really are fortunate to have so many wonderful people as neighbors. Its a nice thought to focus on today!
Thanks to all that answered the call!

Marta

A cowboy, who just moved to Wyoming from Texas, walks into a bar and orders three mugs of Bud. He sits in the back of the room, drinking a sip out of each one in turn. When he finishes them, he comes back to the bar and orders three more.
The bartender approaches and tells the cowboy, "You know, a mug goes flat after I draw it. It would taste better if you bought one at a time."
The cowboy replies, "Well, you see, I have two brothers. One is in Arizona, the other is in
Colorado. When we all left our home in Texas, we promised that we'd drink this way to remember the days when we drank together. So I'm drinking one beer for each of my brothers and one for myself."
The bartender admits that this is a nice custom, and leaves it there.
The cowboy becomes a regular in the bar, and always drinks the same way. He orders three mugs and drinks them in turn.
One day, he comes in and only orders two mugs. All the regulars take notice and fall silent. When he comes back to the bar for the second round, the bartender says, "I don't want to intrude on your grief, but I wanted to offer my condolences on your loss."
The cowboy looks quite puzzled for a moment, then a light dawns in his eyes and he laughs.
"Oh, no, everybody's just fine," he explains, "It's just that my wife and I joined the Baptist Church and I had to quit drinking."
"Hasn't affected my brothers though."

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be sure to see the great post on April 11, 2012 6:48 AM.

Bev E said...

Thanks for that I am re-posting because I need input from someone else who was there....

Well I have been trying to get my head round last nights events and I need somebody to clarify what went down?

I did hear the Auditor say it would take 50-60K to audit the last 2 years city credit cards.

I did hear that the letter that "there are grounds for further investigation" has been sent to the DA. So they have evidence already for grounds for concern. So if there is a case to answer for it is in the right hands.

I did hear Tami & others say that they would see this through to the bitter end if the motion passed last night, ie to spend the allocated 8K funds on further investigation of the city credit cards, uncovers more of the same. So the intention is to keep spending even though there is no money to cover this.

I heard Jim say IF,and I stress IF, because the auditor seemed to not acknowledge the IF! The auditors find more grounds it will just be more of the same stuff they have found already.

The questions that seems to remain unanswered is

a)What will any further information found in the audit prove here as this case is already flagged with the DA?

b)What is the end game/intention after spending all this city money? Something Craig asked but was swiftly deflected by Tami and as far as I can see still remains unanswered?

I admire the monetary ethics of Ms Perkins and Arline if there is no "Personal Vendetta" here, we know some do have one, but there seems to be no benefit whatsoever to us as a City in carrying on this audit? It seems we are throwing money down the toilet........

So I ask you residents that post bravely and stand by your words without hiding behind the anon button if what I heard was correct and to explain to me if there was any benefit in what was voted on?

April 11, 2012 6:48 AM

Roselyn said...

thats a good laugh Allan but some of the best laughs were last night with people videoing each other.

I was laughing and crying at the same time, and it was free.!!

There needs to be a movie made about all this. It needs to have the part about a council woman saying to an angry mob that she doesnt trust Jim Bragg because he still has a Save The Chief sign In his yard and people treat her like she is an enemy of the city..duh....and don't forget the police confiscating the beer tap and then bringing it back at a party where the medium age was probably 50. that didn't even happen at frat parties when I was young and wild.

And then Barbra accusing Vern of theft with a federal bidding contract and that she is gathering information to sue him .

Also funny that Barbara and Charles did not sit with or visit with Catherine,Larry and jean like they usually do. are they thinking they need to look like they don't associate with them as election is approaching? Ha!

Roselyn said...

Oh yesterday I heard something......a girlfriend who got the.white postcard in the mail from Larry and Jean said the only company that has her address with her name on it is the WCID12. Nancy, Linda or Patrick, would you please
Inquire and see who requested labels for Clear Lake Shores and if they were paid for.
Thank you

Anonymous said...

Bev, Those are great questions. I hope you will write, email or call each Council person that voted in favor and expect and answer.

Too bad Vern did not throw out "__" and then JY Jackie. Not only would it have been the right thing to do but there could not have been a vote,

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the postcard Garst & Toenjes I checked out your website and it rambles on & on & on with information and speculation and becomes just like Larry at the council meetings, after a while you just switch off with information overload!

Why did you not take Richard's up with his offer of help on this? If you had point to make he is a fantastic voice of reason on the council and would have shone some clarity on your point at least.

The website highlights somebody with a bitter agenda and too much time spent in a dark place. You need to get a life and stop trying to destroy someone elses.

Barbara nearly went into melt down last night too! Is this cause making you happy because I see very sad individuals who are eaten up with hatred.

Anonymous said...

Did Barrrbarrraw prove herself to be a drama queen last night or what? She added nothing but more crap.

Roselyn said...

To 8:57

My favorite wise saying i:

"Show me your friends and I will tell you who you are."

Anonymous said...

Well, at least one good thing came out of the meeting last night - the word on the street is that Baw-Brah has resigned from the EDC. Hoepfully she is done with the city all together.

Roselyn said...

Glad she resigned EDC so that no one has to ask her to resign next month. I guess she needs the extra time to prepare her lawsuit against the city for the federal bid rigging charges she said last night she is going to file.

You just cant make this crap up! God help us all.

Anonymous said...

So the WCID can sell our address labels? Seriously? That bothers me a lot. Yes, Nancy and Patrick, please look into it.

Does anyone know how Paul is doing? Yes, the Council wasting more of our money is of great concern, especially when they cannot clarif the result; why they are doing it. But let's not let our hero get lost in all of the mud slinging of last night.

Roselyn said...

I talked to Paul this morning and he is fine. He is still not worried about a further investigation of what has already been found through the first audit. The entire office is tired of all this crap but hopeful things will get better soon.

Anonymous said...

Of course Paul is confident. It reminds me of the previous investigation to no where. He was confident then, too. 95% of us are confident in you,Paul. Try to remember that and forget the rest. It is hard. Focus on the positive.

It must burn you to know, better than any of us, what those monies could be spent on.

What a waste. I think waste is a sin. I also think mean spirited people have huge lessons to learn.

Anonymous said...

How did those black hearted people find each other and end up in our nice little community?