IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Friday, April 20, 2012

22


That was entertaining. If you missed it we had a great turn out for candidates night. It started with 5 folks running for the water board and finished up with all seven of your friends and neighbors running for three Council seats. All in all a good show. I hope everyone got their questions answered. I did. Thanks to all of you running. I, for one, can appreciate your service.
 
From the Johnson Family:
We are having Juliana's 1st Birthday party at the Clubhouse this Saturday from Noon - 3pm.
We don't want to miss letting everyone know and would appreciate you sending an email for us.
"For those of you who may be interested, we would like for you to attend Juliana's 1st Birthday Celebration this Saturday, April 21 from Noon - 3pm.
Cake, snacks, and punch will be available.
Please RSVP by Friday at Noon.
Tiffany and Kimmy Johnson"

 
Earth Day is Sunday. Plant something.
 
Island Wide Garage Sale 19th. Please don’t wait until the last minute to sign up. If you do you won’t get your house on the map! Come on you know the drill, drop off your registration at Hoerners and then you get your address and stuff put on the map that is handed out to all those bargain hunters early that morning. It’s the best $5 you’ll spend all year.
 
From neighbor Val: 
Is there a dog rescue person in Clear Lake Shores? There appears to be an abandoned dog that is finding a home at Stewart Elementary. It is a middle sized black mutt. Longish hair. Maybe a shepherd mix? It's scared, take treats to coax. 

 
I know we used to count on Lezlie Cates-Smith but her and Tony are packing. Anyone stepping up for this?
 
Early voting begins April 30th and last day for early voting is May 8th. Put it on your calendar, Election Day is May 12th which is a Saturday. For your viewing pleasure, as promised.
Have a great weekend!
 

I changed my i Pod name to Titanic. It's syncing now.
When chemists die, they barium.
Jokes about German sausage are the wurst.
A soldier who survived mustard gas and pepper spray is now a seasoned veteran.
I know a guy who's addicted to brake fluid. He says he can stop any time.
How does Moses make his tea? Hebrews it.
I stayed up all night to see where the sun went. Then it dawned on me.
This girl said she recognized me from the vegetarian club, but I'd never met herbivore.
I'm reading a book about anti-gravity. I can't put it down.
A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
 
 

4 comments:

Roselyn said...

So glad you brought this up, because I wanted to mention that if you ever have an injured bird, the BEST is Trudy Ann Belz in Texas City.

Her card says she is a 'Permitted Wildlife Rehabilitator'.

Every year I end up taking a bird to her or just call her for advice like I did last week. I cut branches off a tree and it had two baby birds in a nest that had just hatched. She told me how to handle it and sure enough, mom came back, sat on them for 2 days. Then she pushed them out of the nest and they all flew away.

Most times I have to take an injured bird to her and she has a porch with several boxes of injured birds that she is nursing back to health.

Her phone is 409-948-6262 Trudy Ann Belz

Craig said...

Cameron also rescues animals. He is not licensed but has brought several birds from non flight status to fully recovered. Currently he has a dove in his bathroom that was attacked and left to drown in the bayou. A paddle boarder brought it to him. It had a terrible gash on its neck and could not fly. It is now recovered and should be released this weekend. He has an amazing way with dogs and cats as well. He can sit down in the street and coax a terrified dog into sitting next to him. It's really amazing to watch. Cam is more than willing to help if there is an animal in trouble. You can text him at 832-259-5986

Craig

SPorter said...

I took a Green Heron to Trudy last Year... and we donated $$$ to help her with her cause. An AMAZING Lady ... lots of birds, baby rabbits hoping around the porch, snakes. A different kind of Arc in the middle of the drought. She is an Angel.

SPorter

Suzanne said...

So very good to hear something from Val. Is anyone surprised it is about helping an animal? Glad to have you back on the Island, Val.