IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

17


Lost Kitty, She comes to me so she’s not very bright. Nice enough though. Look familiar? Come and get your cat please before Animal Control does. Forest and Pine. Feel free to drop me a line for more info.










I wanted to share a particularly disturbing line from my police report. Now before anyone gets their panties in a wad this is a closed case and is available via the FOI. Or you could just ask me for a copy. Pretty wild stuff. To wit;

“Not is he posting my email out on his blogspot, he is calling me names and encouraging an atmosphere of hate. He is advocating malice, oppression, harassment, gang related activities by calling themselves “Pink” and NS, and the Sundowners who party. This continues campaign to smear my good name, posting propaganda, inciting despotism, and propelling militant comments on his blogspot with reference to myself to myself is oppression and hate crime.”
Unquote. I had to look up despotism. des·po·tism noun \ˈdes-pə-ˌti-zəm\
Definition of DESPOTISM
1
a : rule by a despot b : despotic exercise of power
2
a : a system of government in which the ruler has unlimited power : absolutism
This will surely be a topic of conversation when I meet with the DA’s office Friday. The rest of you haters take a pill.

Election Stuff
NOTICE OF REGULAR & SPECIAL ELECTION TO
ALL QUALIFIED VOTERS WITHIN THE CITY OF CLEAR LAKE SHORES
1. A general election will be held on May 12, 2012 for the purpose of electing three (3) Aldermen.
2. A special election will be held on May 12, 2012 for the purpose of submitting to the qualified voters of the City, a proposition to re-authorize a one-fourth of one percent (1/4%) sales and use tax pursuant to Chapter 327 of the Texas Tax Code to continue to provide revenue for the maintenance and repair of municipal streets.
3. The location of the polling place is the Clear Lake Shores Club House at 931 Cedar, Clear Lake Shores, Texas 77565.
4. The polls will be open from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. on Election Day.
5. Early voting in the election by personal appearance shall be for the period permitted by law, which will begin on April 30, 2012 and continue through May 8, 2012. The place at which such early voting shall be conducted is City Hall at 1006 South Shore Drive, Clear Lake Shores, Texas 77565. The hours designated for early voting by personal appearance shall be from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on April 30, 2012 and May 1, 2012, from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on May 2, May 3, May 7 and May 8, and from 8:00 a.m. to Noon on May 4, 2012.
Early Voting For WCID #12 Info
For the
Water District (WCID #12) and KVFD
VOTE
at the Kemah Volunteer Fire Station
  • 3 positions for Board of Directors WCID#12
  • Kemah Volunteer Fire Department  Fee Increase
The Election will be held May 12, 2012.
Early Voting is 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Monday, April 30 through SaturdayMay 5
AND MondayMay7 through Tuesday May 8
And I don’t know about y’all but I am voting FOR the rate hike. From what I’ve heard it will make things better down the road. Vote your conscience.
Farmers’ Market at Clear Lake Shores Turns Three!
               
For Immediate Release
Date: April 17, 2011
Contact: Charlie Hester, Market Manager
Phone: 713-569-7796
Clear Lake Shores – The Farmers’ Market at Clear Lake Shores will celebrate its third anniversary with a birthday bash Saturday, April 28, from 8 a.m. to noon.
To celebrate, the Market will have free birthday cake, free door prize drawings and special kids’ activities all morning. Customers will get a free reusable, environmentally friendly Market bag and a free ticket for door prizes donated by the vendors. Drawings will be held every half hour from 9 am to Noon. Must be present to win.
Vendors donating door prizes include Catering by Renee, Organo Gold, Nishas Quick N Ezee, Jennifer's Flowers, Georgia's Grass Fed Beef & Natural Meats, La Petite Bakery, Ergo Jewelry, Froberg Farm, Bob’s Salsas, Hope Village, Faith’s Garden,        Cheesy Girl, Wildtree Oils, Massage Co-op, Delayne Gyorfi Mosaics, Grace Outdoors, Wild Turkey, Shirley Anne’s Pies, Delafield Pottery, Bark-N-Biskit, and Simply Texas Trees.
The Stewart Elementary Kids Co-Op will be at the Market that day selling organic herbs, fresh eggs, and snow cones. Local musician John Thomas, known as JT, will perform.
The Farmers Market at Clear Lake Shores was begun in April of 2009 as a civic project of the city of Clear Lake Shores. Conceived as a small market with high standards for vendors and products, the Market has maintained those standards as it matured. It is a neighborhood market, a non-profit project run by a committee of dedicated volunteers that has maintained its small town charm and standards.
As a Texas Certified Farmers’ Market, it features homegrown, homemade, natural and organic products, live music and local vendors.
The Farmer’s Market at Clear Lake Shores is located at 1020 Marina Bay Drive (FM 2094) with ample convenient parking off Clear Lake Road.
For more information visit the market on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/farmersmarketatclearlakeshores, or online at http://www.farmersmarketatcls.com/ or contact Market Manager Charlie Hester at charlie@charliehester.com.
If you haven’t been in a while Now looks like the PERFECT time.
What does a clock do when it's hungry? It goes back four seconds.
I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me!
Broken pencils are pointless.
I tried to catch some fog. I mist.
What do you call a dinosaur with a extensive vocabulary? A thesaurus.
England has no kidney bank, but it does have a Liverpool.
I used to be a banker, but then I lost interest.
I dropped out of communism class because of lousy Marx.
All the toilets in New York's police stations have been stolen. Police have nothing to go on.
I got a job at a bakery because I kneaded dough.
Haunted French pancakes give me the crepes.


14 comments:

Adelia said...

We're not a gang we're a club!! I hope if I ever file a legal doucument I remember to use my spell checker and ask someone to read it for vocabulary. Just using big words does not make you a good writer. We are way too easily distracted to come up with a good gang name anyway and prefer to stay tribes. We even continuously change tribes. Not sure if NS is a gang or a club. Club members party a bunch and gangs cause destruction HMMM. Thanks for posting the election data Alan!!! We need to let everyone know the 1/4 % is not a new tax - no one votes for new taxes - but a continuation of what is already in place.

Adelia said...

Sure is quiet here without anonomous or J Fishing. Wait is that fingers snapping?? Are the Jets back in town??

SPorter said...

Hey Folks ... did everyone get Kathy's letter lauding congeniality, and ability to getg along with everyone? Really interesting ...

SPorter

Roselyn said...

Adelia, a cult also can convince members of their group to do stupid things that most normal people with a conscience would not do. Like saying someone stole a watch when they didn't, like saying someone is on unemployment benefits when they aren't, I could go on and on.

Speaking of which, Tami has written an ugly threatening letter to Karen at City Hall about not having the minutes ready for Tami to approve on her last council meeting this coming Tuesday. The letter also highlights the grounds for Karen to be fired.

So, Arline has been convinced to put it on the agenda Tuesday for them to evaluate Karen's job performance.

The only other items on their final agenda is Jackie requesting his street by "recognized", and he put an item for burial of underground utilities.

I have never had such disgusted about two people in my life as Tami and Jackie. How the NS group found these two and propped them up to look like responsible council people is beyond my comprehension.

They are not going to give up until they have Paul, Tina, Karen, Vern and Kenny gone.

We need a big crowd Tuesday to support Karen. We have GOT TO GET THESE ASSHOLES OFF COUNCIL.!!!!!

VOTE AMANDA, CARLO AND SOWERY.!!!

Roselyn said...

No SPorter, they know not to waste a stamp on me.

Roselyn said...

(Reminds me of an old Amy Winehouse song.."They said I had to go to rehab and I said NO, NO, NO".)

Thanks for sharing the video where Vern is being accused of a federal crime of bid rigging. I showed it to someone who worked in procurement and bids for KBR and she laughed and said its not a "federal" crime when its a City doing the bidding. So she might want to keep investigating before she files charges against Vern.

Roselyn said...

Can someone please send me instructions on how up upload a video onto You Tube? I have one I paid for back in June and think its time to upload it. Its the long line of people speaking before council asking Tami to resign because she has done a bad job. It even has Rob Scherer with his petition of close to 300 names that think Tami has done a bad job. I dont think we could find 300 people that will say Karen has done a bad job so how dare you put Karen's name on the agenda for something stupid like minutes, instead of asking the Mayor or City Administrator for the minutes? Karma's a bitch Tami.

Roselyn said...

Yes, and I am pissed, and its about time some of the 4000 hits to this blog get pissed too.

Roselyn said...

Well, sometimes its amazing what one can find out if you cast the bait.....I hear that Catherine, Arline and Helle have been bitching about Karen for months as they are compiling The Islander.

So, you can save your stamp mailing shit to me about being nice, and you can save your effort throwing the Islander in my yard.

You can also cancel my real estate ad, you bunch of old bitter biddies.

Adelia said...

Oh Ros please leave your ad in. We all need to remember not to let a small bitter group not ruin the beautiful things we have on this island. While Helle will not wave back at me or speak to me any more I really appreciate the time and effort she puts into the islander and I am grateful to have the publication delivered to my door. We all have the right to complain about things we don't like. I am against the personal attacks and lies issued trying to get people fired and destroy their lives. That goes too far. When you spread lies (like Amanda drinking when she rarely does) you are going too far. We have civic club back and we don't need to attack the islander. ONE MORE MEETING - we can take that. Finally Jackie put something out there AND I agree with it. Too bad we don't have the money. VOTE VOTE VOTE!!! and talk to your neighbors about the facts.

Adelia said...

On another note, I am trying the Hickory Smoked Spam for breakfast. When I bought it yesterday they also had Spam with Hormel bacon in it (can life get better than that) I will send through my review once I have tried them.

Adelia said...

I don't mean to sound militant but the Hickory Smoked Spam is GROSS! Will let you know about the bacon

DaveC. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Adelia said...

Alan,
It is hard I know but we all know who is telling the truth here. It is like when your kids tell one story then change it. Barbara's original "story" was that she got it from the Blog. When we pointed out those weren't the emails we used on the blog there was a new story. Now it was reply to all. It was still unsolicited email for political purposes. Which version of her story was the truth? Who cares. If you lie to me once I am probably not listening to the next 3 versions. I quit listening when they said the town center was possibly going to cause foreclosure on our homes to reclaim the loan and raise our non existent taxes. It is all blah blah blah now. And Dave - love you too!! Maybe Amanda showed them the truth. Never know.