IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

A rainy Wednesday morning

To neighbor Mark the Z, We rock my friend. That’s what neighbors do. I have a generator that I’ll bring down (if necessary) and a couple of extension cords. I’ll coordinate the whole trailer thing. If the rest of you want to come out and have some fun now is the time. If there’s enough of you I’ll get the hell out of your way and make you lunch and dinner. Oh. We’re talking about getting together and helping the Shivers tear down the old garage.

Too bad you didn’t make the Council meeting last night. Finding a seat was not the problem it has been in the past. Here’s the Readers Digest version. The City will continue to pay for trash pickup. It was touch and go but thanks to the fiduciary efforts of Jim Bragg Council voted on and passed a budget that keeps paid trash collection in place.

A very important measure was brought up by the City Administrator Shelley. The Sales tax initiative. While the City is prohibited by law from advocating pro or con this blog is not. It seems we as citizenry are required to vote for or against the collection of .25% sales tax revenue that is collected by our local business’s. This money goes in to our Roads and Drainage fund and allows the City to offset our property taxes. This ¼ percent is paid for by all of the folks that visit our little slice of paradise and spend money. I for one fail to see a downside. It will be on the ballot so don’t be surprised and for Pete’s sake vote for it! And spread the word! All of you smart people out there will no doubt correct me if I misspoke. That excludes anon.

If you’re interested neighbor Steve will be at Sunset tomorrow with more signs. I’ve got mine. They are in my yard. They are going fast. You have been advised.

PS. You need to mark your signs with at LEAST “Pd Pol adv by S Porter”. Feel free to elaborate at will but those are the minimum requirements.

And I am completely ripping this off from yesterday’s anon post but I can do that..

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Grab your Wellie's":

For all those who do not know Amanda you can see her here on U-tube with Sam Jac:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrWqRD8tuIE

I hope all of you have seen this. It’s a little too close to home but hey, welcome to real world,

http://www.click2houston.com/news/Woman-carjacked-kidnapped-narrowly-escapes-abductors/-/1735978/9492106/-/uklkc3z/-/index.html

I have been assured that our building inspector has visited the pirate sign seen from the bridge. I’ll let you know what the outcome is. Go to bed knowing this. I have bumper stickers on the way. Wink, wink, nod, nod.

“I once cried because my shoes were old and ratty. And then I met a man who lost both of his feet in an accident. So I took his shoes.”

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am posting this again on your new page because I feel it is important that we support strong candidates:

I don't see Carlo having any problems, therefore I do see where she has brought this on herself. In my opinion, it is just a sign of immaturity on her part. I see no reason to prop up a bad candidate just to have a body to run against NS.

March 21, 2012 7:41 AM

Anonymous said...

Has anyone else looked at the CLS Web Page since the rant last night? There is a lack of current information. I believe we need to get it updated and find out why it isn't current. Some of us don't have the ability to be at the meetings. Between the Blog and the Web Site it is our best way of keeping up to date on what is happening.

Anonymous said...

Called City Hall about the Minutes, and Check Registry. I was told Paul and Karen aren't in yet because of the meeting last night. Karen is the only one at City Hall who knows why the Web Site isn't up to date according to them. What is going on here? It is 8:42 and neither have shown up for work.

Anonymous said...

From what I heard about the meeting last night the new "super candidates" Amanda and Carlo sided with Jackie and Tami regarding the tree issue.
Carlo is, surprisingly, unable to differentiate between a property owners rights and a property owners responsibilities. Regardless of the potential impact or damage that may result from neglect he thinks the city should just "wait and see what happens, cause this is Texas..." WTF? AnDum Booreen was less vocal but basically agreed with Jackie. Bryan H. dropped out too soon. What happened to the other Bryan?

We're doomed...
Congrats Bernie.

Anonymous said...

So let me get this straight. Two people ask questions, make statements, that you disagree with, on one issue, and they are automatically in the Bernie camp? Maybe everyone should talk to the candidates, ask questions, rather than listen to hearsay, and form their own opinions.

Anonymous said...

The liar above was not told that Karen and Paul are late because of the meeting last night. They are out of town on City business.

Anonymous said...

No anon 10. Two people don't support holding property owners accountable for maintaining their property and ensuring the safety of neighbors.
This is what we have with Junkyard White Socks. I bet you don't like it when he does it do you?
I bet that Tami doesn't mind a couple of trees falling on some "unknowns" property but she damned sure doesn't want Craig putting trash bags in his front house.

Anonymous said...

And furthermore, there was no claim that you were in the Bernie camp. The implication is that we have weak candidates.
As soon as you stand up for a property owner's "right" to neglect the safety of those around him you're going to come under some scrutiny.
Nichols is a pawn, but he's going to come across as a much more intelligent candidate. I hope you make it, but study up and practice your public speaking prior to meet the candidates night. Otherwise you're going to be dependendent on our own Kooky Aunt Rozy and SPorter's signs to get you through. Though you do have an intense hatred for anything NS going for you.

Anonymous said...

Anon 11:33 you make a lot of sense and I have to agree with you on some issues! I do not think Amanda is a weak candidate however, if being a happy, articulate person is an issue then you might be right?

Anonymous said...

ANON 11:18 The only Liar is you. Our conversations are recorded at work and it is really easy to have our Geek pull a copy and send it to City Hall. So next time, unless your on the phone call, stop mouthing off with your pie hole because you are an A-=. The woman I spoke with may have got it wrong because she wasn't aware or just didn't want to answer why the Web Site isn't up to date like their Gold Star calls for. Either way, the Point is the Web Site isn't up to date.

PS: If this is the woman I spoke with, get off the Blog and get back to work. Update the Web Site if you got that much time to read this Blog.

Anonymous said...

The City paid either Beck or Crowder Gulf to remove the dead trees or maybe both?

Two questions: One, I see trees that were dead then and or dying. I see stumps left that weren't removed or ground down but yet we paid about 300K to have them removed. So what happen there?

Second Question: My Flood Insurance covered the dead trees removal and replacement cost. So why did the City paid them to take down trees in our yards which were covered in our individual policies?

Can somebody explain that? I work nights and couldn't make the meeting to ask these questions.

Anonymous said...

1250..is there a difference between spending time at work not working and spending time not at work not working? Which is, in itself, presumptuous, as they might have been out of the office for a business purpose.

222

Anonymous said...

To the both of you: Angie said that Paul and Karen are both out until Monday for some mandatory training. At least that sounds better.

Anonymous said...

Fema paid for all the saltwater damaged tree removal on the island only after property owners signed releases.the city was reimbursed a 100 percent for those removals just like Galveston , you can thank the city staff for that!

Anonymous said...

I would if the job had been done right. Instead we are left with the stumps and dead trees that our insurance won't pay for now. They should have taken the trees down, ground the stumps and re-planted because that is what my insurance would have covered. Apparently they were allowed to half ass it and collect one hell of a payment for that. So who do we go back against now instead of having to pay again for the same thing they should have done in the first place?

Anonymous said...

@ 5:35 If your ins. would have covered it why didn't you include it in your claim. My ins. only covered the fence one tree took down. I think I have a good policy but trees were not covered.

FEMA worked very closely with me and I am grateful for their work. I was very pleased.

Anonymous said...

Anon 832 am. You put down candidates but don't say who you think is strong. Typical ns

Anonymous said...

I said Carlo and the only other choice we had was Bryan. No one is really running against Richard. So do know something I don't about Carlo? Do you think he is weak?

Anonymous said...

as usual 144 your post makes no sense. I didn't,t say anyone was weak I said you put down candidates but don't raise support for any. Maybe you need to get to bed earlier and get some rest so you can communicate better. First of all no one is running against anyone. They are just running. You don,t run against a particular person. Put the Baggie away and get some sleep

Anonymous said...

832. What does a two year old video have to with her ability today to be a good council person. She has been to every council meeting and has educated herself regarding all of the issues we are dealing with today. Not just what Kathy tells her to do. Who else would you vote for? Charles, he seems like a good man but clearly isn't the right guy. he has not been to an edc meeting or council meeting in years until the last few. Brian C ? He hasn't been involved for years and still isn't,t coming to meetings. John? The involvement he has is through NS. He hasn't,t been involved above ground through this whole nightmare. He shows up late for meetings and his goofy wife does all of his talking for him. Carlo and Amanda are out there 24 / 7 for you to ask questions and learn who they are. so is Charles. where are Brian C and John? they seem to be hiding from us. we can't ask them anything and they haven't answered the question thing or offered up anything. John is counting on NS getting him in. have you even sat down and talked to Amanda or are you just running your mouth? John and Brian are nothing more than NS puppets as far as I can tell. They are laying low so those not paying attention won't know who they really are. John, Brian, if I am wrong show up to the meet and greet and prove me wrong. I would bet anything they are no where to be found that day. If you don,t have the balls to face the voters, go home.

Anonymous said...

..speaking of "balls" - no one signs their name to any of these posts/rants. Who can pay attention to any of these pussies' nonsense. No names = no balls! You can probably guess who I am. just sayin....

Anonymous said...

How can you bitch about not signing names and not sign your name? Just sayin

Anonymous said...

From Steve...Ah, yes ... I was hoping a DA would point that out. Steve G
Observation:
Sounds like Jr High girls talking trash on blog these days. It used to be informative and signatures validated what folks were saying. Now 90% are cry babies with no "balls". AB was wise to take down anon during the (worst) unsigned offensive rants.