IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Thursday, March 29, 2012

"I hear that train a comin, comin' round the bend"

First and foremost Don’t forget about the Meet and Greet this Saturday.

2-5 or when Greg gets done cooking all those mudbugs! Come out and grill your Councilmen wannabes.

This from neighbor Jan. Sorry I’m late Jan but yesterday was a little hectic. I hope this can still help. Folks this disease has taken two of our neighbors.

--if you would consider this for the blog- I just got it. Both Lowell Brown and Brett, my husband passed away from this horrible type of cancer. Sorry for the late notice. Jan Bailey

From: Pancreatic Cancer Action Network Houston Affiliate <houstonaffiliatepc@gmail.com>

Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 07:51:16 -0500

Subject: URGENT! Texas call-in Wednesday!

We need your help to get Senator Hutchison's support for our bill!

On Wednesday, March 21, folks from DFW and Austin affilates met with Kay Bailey Hutchison's North Texas Regional Director, Bruce Redden, and he is going to talk to her about our bill in Congress this week! Please call Senator Hutchison's local Houston office on Wednesday, March 28 at 713-653-3456 to express your support for this bill.

Here's a simple script to use:

"My name is ____________.

I live in __________, Texas.

I'm calling to ask Senator Hutchison to co-sponsor S.362, the Pancreatic Cancer Research and Education Act."

(You may want to add a sentence about your story if you wish.)

Ruth Helgerud

Volunteer

Houston Affiliate Advocacy Coordinator

Pancreatic Cancer Action Network

www.pancan.org

936-271-1163

713-851-9512 cell

rhelgerud@pancanvolunteer.org

Volunteer for progress in the fight against pancreatic cancer. Learn how. www.knowitfightitendit.org

This from one of our up and coming citizens. He gets a shiny star in my book. Neighbors, Mr Cameron Ward

CHILDRENS EASTER PARTY

It’s time again for the annual Children's Easter Party. It will be at the Clubhouse on Saturday April 7th from 10:00 AM to Noon. We will have an Easter Egg Hunt, Games, Food and Drinks, Music and of course the Easter Bunny will be there to take pictures with the kids. I will be hosting it this year and could use your help. I will need volunteers to help stuff the eggs, set up before the party ( I would need you there around 9:00 am), Volunteers to run the games, someone to serve punch and snacks and a clean up crew. We also need cakes and pies to be donated for the cake walk. If you have any ideas for a game or booth let me know I am up for any ideas. If you are willing to help please call me ASAP and let me know what you would like to do so I can get organized and make sure I have everything I need. You can call me or text me at 832-259-5986. Hope to see you and your kids there.

Cameron Ward

Cameron, Wyatt wants to help so there’s one.

This from Neighbor Nancy:

Please remind everyone to support the KVFD in the election as well as the other candidates.

Thanks, Nancy McD

From: Nancy T. McDonald

To: Citizens of Clear Lake Shores, Kemah & Lazy Bend

Fellow Citizens of Clear Lake Shores, Kemah and Lazy Bend, YOU are the owners of our Water District - WCID #12. As such, I am asking for your vote to continue to represent your interests as a Director on the Board of OUR District.

I have served on the Board of Directors of our District since my appointment in July 2011 and will be running for election on May 12. I am willing to continue to contribute my TIME, Leadership Skills and Business experience to our District. We need our District to be fiscally sound and financially prepared for unexpected events such as a hurricane or major infrastructure repairs: while, at the same time, keep our tax rates and cost of water as low as possible. That is a tall order: but I am working on it and capable of “doing the right thing” for our District.

I have no political aspirations; I am willing to work for the good of our District. I believe a Director should represent everyone in the District.

For those of you who don’t know me, my qualifications for Director of WCID#12 are:

· A 25 year career in the Natural Gas Business that included Management positions in both the Financial and Operating areas of the business.

· Earned my MBA from University of Houston

· Retired in 1998 as Vice President of Duke Energy Field Services (now Spectra Energy) with P/L responsibility for Duke’s $200 million dollar natural gas operation in Southeast Texas. This responsibility included:

- Marketing & Production -Strategic Planning

- Pipelines -Asset Acquisitions

- Gas Processing Plants -Project Development

· My husband Scott and I have lived in Clear Lake Shores since 1996.

I am 58 years old and a fiscal conservative. Scott and I consider the Kemah, Clear Lake Shores and Lazy Bend area to be a very unique and special place; and are proud to call it home.

With your support, I will continue to use my time, experience and leadership skills for the good of OUR District.

Thank you in advance for your consideration. I would appreciate your vote!

Nancy T. McDonald

405 West Shore Dr, CLS

VOTE May 12- at the Kemah Fire Department Building on Hwy 146 Early voting: April 30 -May 4 & May 7-8

From our very own Senor Beans

Dear Friends,

On Sunday May 6th, 2 ~ 7PM, the Galveston Bay Parrothead Club will host benefit for our long time friend and Happy Hour music director, Frank Landry. The event will take place at Clear Lake Shores Pavillion at Birch and East Shore.

Frank has always been the first to step up and help when others were in need. He is now in a battle with cancer and it is time for us to step up for him.

Please mark this date on your calendar. Planning is in the early stages but we have several popular musicians volunteering their support (Jerry Diaz, Mark Mireles, Robert Greaney, Southbound, Ben Reyna and more to come.) There will be an auction, beverages, food and dancing for all. Everyone is welcome!

As the date nears I will be providing more details on the entertainment and other activities. Please share this with anyone who may be interested and for those of you who represent "groups", please forward to your mailing lists.

This will be a great event for a VERY worthy cause! Thanks in advance for your support. The response has already been outstanding, but we can do much more!

Feel free to call if you have ideas or suggestions to share.

Ben Reyna

713 705 9177

You're never too old to learn something stupid”

11 comments:

Adelia said...

Oh Brother, next thing you know you will be showing up at sunset dressed all in black.

Adelia said...

We could do the jail house rock!! Sounds like you are going to need a good junkyard dog attorney. Yea Bryan it is benefit time. I think I know someone who will cook the brisket. I still don't understand the accusations - did you use your wife's credit card improperly?

Anonymous said...

Big guy, I know probably on the advice of your attorney you can't and shouldn't say anything. Just wanted to let you we are behind you brother.

Capt Mike Linbeck

Roselyn said...

Ditto from Roselyn and Joe. Let us know if we can help. Proud of you.

Anonymous said...

Count me in too, AB ... I will always be in your corner. You are the Poet Warrior of the Island. Thanx for all you do & Let me know if you need help.

SPorter

Allen Cruthirds said...

1. Nancy McDonald has my vote.

2. Allan Batchelor is Mr. Clear Lake Shores, and our friend and we cannot let him down now.

Roselyn said...

Validate the lives of 6400 soldiers who have died in the middle east in the past 10 years supporting our freedom and FREEDOM OF SPEECH in American.

SUPPORT FREEDOM OF SPEECH.

Anonymous said...

Just read the GDN front page article and my only response is REALLY! Oh I get it, a April Fools joke!
Let me the first to say the Linbeck Family would like to be the first to contribute to a fund to buy someone a Spam filter. How sophmoric can we get.
Capt. Mike Linbeck.

PS here is my e-mail addrerss, I spent the $29.00 A YEAR FOR A SPAM PROGRAM so spam away.
MIKE212@FLASH.NET

Bryan said...

I'm still not sure what all the fuss is over SPAM. I love SPAM, especially sliced, fried, and served with 2 eggs over easy. Has anyone tried the garlic SPAM?

On that note, let me throw out an idea for our next fundraiser: let's have a SPAM Cook-Off at the Jarboe Pavilion. All dishes must include SPAM as the main ingredient. All proceeds will go to the AB Legal Fund. Who's in?

DaveC. said...

"CASE DISMISSED" How about that Barbera, your following the wrong master don't let them lead you by the nose use your head they lie!!!!!!!!!

58Willys said...

Ban The Barb!