IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Happy Sunday

I’m sure I’ve mentioned this before but just in case you don’t remember I’ll do a little recap. This is all about anon, Notice I said about and not to. Some of you good folks are paying waaaay too much attention to the anon posts. I originally turned anon on to provide an outlet for our neighbors who honestly had something to lose by signing their name. Some one who did business here. Specifically Craig. Well, you see how that worked out. He is so confident in his convictions that he signs his name gladly consequences be damned. My kinda guy. That belief leads me to think that most, not all, anon posts don’t really believe what they are typing. What other reason could there be for them to say the same old tired crap over and over and over? If they honestly believed their post they’d sign their name. It really is that simple. One anon posted last year that they were “afraid” to sign their name. I call bullshit. I think some may have confused fear with cowardice but that is an issue they will have to deal with. Maybe a change of medication is in order. When I read that I asked my wife if there was anything or anyone on this island that she was afraid of. She said she used to be afraid of hurricanes but Ike changed all that. It was a huge pain in the ass but nothing we didn’t get over. After a moment she said the answer was a definite no. Some folks she didn’t care for but none she was afraid of. I think the bulk of the anon posts are just meant to waste time. Not much more than a distraction. Some are entertaining most are boring. Every now and then there will be a legitimate anon posting and they are the reason I leave it on. If you have followed this blog for more than a month I’m willing to bet you can spot the bullshit posters in less than the first half of the first sentence. Am I right? That’s about when I stop and skip to the next comment. I have been called every thing but a white male by anon. I’ve been called a lot worse by a lot better. I suggested to all the candidates running to ignore anon posts. My current favorite is the perfect example of a moron with a keyboard. Even after it was explained using the smallest words possible by every clear thinking person on this blog they continue to associate my (I still think it was funny) cartoon with Bryan. What can you say. Assign them the value they add to a conversation.

I have offered space to any of the candidates for posting any messages they wanted to get out. Here is a note from Candidate Charles Russell.

I was raised in Mt Pleasant, Texas and attended Allen Military Academy in Bryan, Texas and graduated in 1963. I attended college at Allen and North Texas State in Denton. I worked for Texas Instruments as a line foreman and was transferred to Houston in 1968. I became a resident of Clear Lake Shores in 1985 when I moved onto my boat in Legend Point. I met Tina in 1986 and we were married in 1989 and shortly thereafter we purchased the house at 717 Narcissus. We have lived there since raising her two sons who are now grown and we are now proud grandparents.

I joined the Houston Police Department in 1972 and served until retiring in 1992. During my career as a police officer I served in the Patrol Division where in the late 70’s I was a member of the Northwest Tactical Division that was the forerunner to SWAT and later in Special Operations Division where I was involved with dignitary protection, special event security and as a police diver earning the designation of Master Diver. I was desk officer in the late 80’s at Neartown Community Center and finished my career at the Clear Lake Substation.

Since retiring from HPD I have been self-employed in the trucking industry.

My hobbies are motorcycles and I raced flattrack in the 60’s and later motocross in the 70’s and early 80’s. I also enjoy collecting and restoring old British cars and bikes.

Clear Lake Shores is a very special place and as a longtime resident I have seen changes both good and bad in our community. In order to keep it the special place we all love we need to work together to take our community forward to a brighter future.

To achieve this future we need the members of our council to be open to all views and ideas from all citizens to move our city forward past the gridlock that has engulfed our city for the past few years.

If elected I feel that the three areas that need to be addressed are fiscal responsibility by the council to insure funds are being spent properly, support for the EDC to develop the community center in a responsible and open manner with investigating the possibilities of securing financing through sale of tax free municipal bonds, and developing an independent grievance process for city employees that would eliminate them from having to involve council in the future.

4 comments:

Roselyn said...

What a great experience for those boys going through the Panama Canal!! Hi Kevin and Lisa.

Anonymous said...

222,
The grey frog peers across the pond at dawn.

Beware the blue waffle.

Anonymous said...

....and the blue waffle says: "You have shit for brains!"

Craig said...
This comment has been removed by the author.