IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Monday, March 12, 2012

Happy Birthday to

The Girl Guides the fore runner to the Girl Scouts of America. I LOVE YOUR COOKIES!!!

And to Barbara Feldon, you get an extra point if you knew she was Agent 99. You missed it by that much……


From the Soup Cook-Off---

Daniel Otto brought a cauldron of SPICY CABBAGE SOUP - it not only took the official 2012 SOUP OF THE YEAR award, but ALSO won the people's choice prize.

Alice Westmoreland won second place for TUSCAN CHICKEN STEW.

Watch the ISLANDER for news of the three teens FROM THE SAME FAMILY who not only brought wonderful soups to the contest - but one of them made a ton of brownies.

Here’s a BIG SHOUT OUT TO OTTO! Congrats brother!!

Sorry we had to turn people away - the soup went fast!


The next Civic Club meeting is April 5th. Don’t miss it! That’s where we pick our next President. I think I'm going to need you there for support. See you there.

So. No Saint Patrick’s day parade. Okay I can live with that this time. But we need to remedy that for next year. We are missing a pretty good reason for a parade or party or whatever. I’m open for suggestions.


Monday is world cancer day...
I'd appreciate it if you would forward this request. 93% won't forward
A small request and it's just one line.
Dear God, I pray for a cure for cancer. Amen


NEWSFLASH from Neighbor Ton and C&P from

Move to Houston: This is kinda big DEAL!

Space Shuttle Explorer was removed from KSC Visitor Center December 11, 2011 by Beyel Bros and moved on a 144 wheel trailer by truck to the VAB Turning Basin dock at the VAB adjacent to the Launch Complex 39 Press Site to be loaded onto a barge bound for Johnson Space Center's Space Center Houston tourism facility in spring 2012. Once there, the inaccurate interior will be refurbished to accurate museum quality and put on display.

From ab. If you've ever been to the Cape this is the mockup you could actually go inside. It is way cool and a whole lot better than the douche bags in DC had planned for us. I'm looking for a boat to be on so I can photog her trip in to the lake!!!

Me and my friends are going to put on a meet and greet for two of our potential council candidates, Amanda and Carlo. So mark this on your calendar. Saturday march 31st from 2p – 5pm. The pavilion is reserved and the plan is to boil some mudbugs and have a good ol’ fashioned get to know ya. One of our neighbors has volunteered to buy a keg of adult beverages and I’m gonna buy the first sack of mudbugs. That’s pronounced crawfish to you noobs. If anyone else would like to come out and play, drop me a line as we will be looking for more of everything to make this an event.

This will be a great opportunity to bring your questions and concerns to Amanda and Carlo and get their point of view.

“All I ask is a chance to prove money can't make me happy”

9 comments:

Roselyn said...

I would like to donate some money for the mudbug party to support Carlo and Amanda, although I won't be eating any, thank you . Who do I sent $$ to to assist with cost, or campaign signs, or whatever is needed?

I talked to Paul and he said Amanda was off from work today and she attended the budget workshop this morning at City Hall. He was very impressed.

fathom said...

Alan,
I will be back in town by then and will take you up on the opportunity to meet some of the contenders and drink beer.
Candie (Mann) and I would like to help out with a sack (or two if it ramps up).
See you then,
Jimmy

KentO said...

What is the date the mockup shuttle will be moving into the lake??

Anonymous said...

I donate money for a bag.

Bonnie and Mike Linbeck

Adelia said...

Just read the last few notes. I am surely contributing too. I love that these posts gave me that "old island time" feelin. Saw Ms Val today walking. She has an appt. tomorrow to determine when her next surgery will be. This is a very scary time for her and I will be praying that God gives her peace and guides the surgeons to bring her back to us spunkier than ever!!

Crystal Rose said...

Mike & I would like to donate a bag or two as well? Just let us know what you need.....

Crystal Rose said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DaveC. said...

Adelia and I will donate a bag if needed, bugs and this community go well together, like Amanda and Carlo for Council!!!!!!!!!!!

DaveC. said...

Allan you can come with us on our boat 21' Mako for the ride!

david and adelia