IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Monday, March 19, 2012

Good Monday morning!

Miss me? We actually found a place with no cell signal. Ahhhh. More mosquitoes than stars in the sky mind you but no cell phone distractions.

I read this somewhere and wanted to share. The four seasons of Houston: Nearly Summer, Summer, Still Summer and Christmas. Bingo. This is my favorite time of the year. Everything is greening up. Even my yard. Our little Island looks so nice. Maybe we'll be able to get rid of the last of the dead trees and bad memories of Ike and a drought. Till the next time anyhow.

Some neighbors need a hand taking down an old garage. Charlie and Betty Shiver, on Pine, are looking to get rid of the out bldg at Ivy & CLR. Rob S has volunteered his big trailer to haul it off and I'll co ordinate with Shivers for this Saturday. Looking for a vent? Something to hit real hard with a big hammer? Feel the need to break something? Come see me.

What do you think about that sign up there? Pretty cool huh? I'll see if I can talk neighbor Steve in to bringing them down to sunset and swapping a few $ for them. What say you Steve? I'll take two.

Enjoy your week!

I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila.

15 comments:

Roselyn said...

I need 4 signs please and I dont know which Steve you are talking about. Steve can you bring mine to council meeting tomorrow night?

Anonymous said...

Love the signs, but shouldn't the word VOTE be on there somewhere?

Anonymous said...

Maybe is should say something like "Vote for the best on the island" or something....?

Bev E said...

Anon 10:47 love your sense of humour!

Anonymous said...

Hey Folks ... the Steve is SPorter ... me. I have a 100 of these, and they cost me about $3 each. So if you want to contrtibute, great. But I want the signs out there, regardless.

I will be at Sunset tonight ... I will probably show up around 6:30 and start handing them out.

Thanx Anon 10:47 for pointing out I did not forget the word "Vote." Just for the record, I want everyone to know I am responsible for the wording, etc. The candidates were not consulted, nor did they know about the signs until they were already on order. I certainly hope they are happy with them, though !!!

Thanx ... SPorter

Bryan said...

Steve,

The signs look great. Thanks for taking charge of that. I will take one for sure. I did notice from the picture that there does not seem to be an indication of who paid for them on the sign itself. I remember having to go back and add stickers to the Town Center ones as there is a law out there somewhere that states it must be done, and I can assure you that the busy bodies will be out checking for that the minute the first wire frame gets stuck in the mud.

Just a suggestion and warning....

Anonymous said...

Bryan ...

Thanx for the warning. How about I bring a Laundry Marker and sign each one of them?

SPorter

Bryan said...

We had some little clear stickers made at a print shop. Either Allen Cruthirds or Ronnie Richards had them done I think so one of them can give you some pointers. I think you also need to have some verbiage on there about right-of way rules.

It would be interesting to see if the other signs already popping up followed the rules.

Anonymous said...

No, that won't work. There is specific language required on political signs, go over to City Hall and they can advise you on that language.

Signs must be behind your property line as well, not on the City ROW or they will likely be removed.

Let's comply with all that and do this the right way, and set the tone for the new Council.

Great Sign!

Jim Mago

Bev E said...

Has anybody seen the huge CLStide.com banner hanging of the boat in the bayou opposite the island entrance bridge? Is that allowed just wondered?

Anonymous said...

Who else has signs out

Anonymous said...

Can you bring signs to the cc meeting?

Craig

Anonymous said...

Bev E:

If there is a "huge" sign hanging off a boat in Jarboe it is probably a sign ordinance violation. From what you indicated it is a commercial sign and would require a permit, and the sign size would have to comply with city codes.

Go down to City Hall and file a formal complaint and they will have to investigate and take appropriate action.

Jim Mago

Anonymous said...

Folks, we distributed abotu 25 signs tonight at Sunset. Several today on the BLOG asked about the Council Meeting tomorrow (Tuesday) but I cannot attend the meeting for personnal reasons. So probably later ... check the BLOG for times. I expect I will be heading to Sunset a couple more times this week to make sure we get the signs out ASAP. Thanx ... SPorter

Roselyn said...

Steve, please call me when you are home and I will come pick my 4 up . I will leave my check on your door.Roselyn 334-2973 I dont know where you live