Well look at the bright side, We’re 2 ½ inches up on our rainfall total for the year. We ended last year over 2 ½ FEET behind. At least I hope that’s why my grass looks like crap.
ManCakes in the morning!! I just picked up all the goodies. To the “Crew” (you know who you are) I need a hand unloading at the Clubhouse at 5. If you can’t make 5 be there at 7:30 for a walk through.
To the entire rest of the Island We look forward to serving you the second best ( I am NOT competing with Moms) pancakes you’ve ever had starting tomorrow morning at 8. We will serve until 11 or we run out. So Walker if waltz in at 10:55 and find out everyone is done I don’t want to hear any whining. Again.
Hot off the wire ----That Island Favorite, The annual Soup Cook off is looking for a sponsor! They had one but she just found out she can’t be there. Here’s how these event work. First an event is proposed. Then it is voted on. Then a chair has to volunteer or the event is not scheduled. The Civic Club puts up most of the colatteral stuff required but someone has to provide the organization. SO. Come on, you know you want to. It’s a fun time and some great eats and truth be told it’s just not as much work as you think. Interested? Good! You can contact Dennis or reply here and I’ll get Dennis to contact you.
More on the villainous goings on around the Island
“We currently have two banners displayed in residences in the residential zone. One is a banner on Craig Wards house advertising an event and the other is displayed on the McIntyre house advertising a web site. In researching the sign ordinance I have found the following related to banners in a residential zone.
1. Section 8 of Article III of the sign code requires a permit for the erection of any type sign within the City. Neither applied for a permit.
2. Section 20 of Article V of the sign code allows one permanent sign per single family residence not exceeding 2.5 square feet of area. This section does not address temporary signs on a single family residence.
I have not measured either banner but suspect they both exceed this requirement.
3. Section 32 of Article VI of the sign code addresses temporary signs generally. Relative to Banners it reads "one banner sign not exceeding 32 square feet in sign area may be displayed by a business for a maximum total period not to exceed 60 days per year".
CONCLUSION: After studying the ordinance I have concluded the following regarding banners in the residential zone.
1. Banners are temporary sign thus cannot be displayed longer than 60 days per year.
2. All signs, including banners require a permit.
3. Banners in a residential zone cannot exceed 2.5 square feet in area.
Friday, Feb. 10, 7:20 p.m. (Duration: three minutes)
Path: 11 degrees above SW to 59 degrees above NE
Maximum elevation: 87 degrees
Saturday, Feb. 11, 6:24 p.m. (Duration: five minutes)
Path: 12 degrees above S to 10 degrees above ENE
Maximum elevation: 29 degrees
Sunday, Feb. 12, 7:05 p.m. (Duration: three minutes)
Path: 28 degrees above WNW to 12 degrees above NNE
Maximum elevation: 33 degrees
Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable. -- John F. Kennedy
The original search engine for the
Whole Wide World