IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Happy Birthday to..

Wait for it……..Anthony Daniels! Give up? He is the British actor that played C-3PO in the Star Wars movies!

Good news! Councilman Sowrey has decided he hasn’t had enough and has submitted his paperwork to run for City Council one more time. At least I think it’s good news. Thank you Mr. Sowrey for your service.

I wonder why Barb told a lot of you she got your email address’ off this blog site? I appreciate the free advertisement but it makes me question her computer literacy. Wait. No it doesn’t.

Watch this space for the upcoming voter registration drive. A few neighbors are planning quite an event. All I’m sure of now is that it will be soon and it will be at the site of the old Sandbar.

And go visit this site from time to time. Although I’ve been told that most people wait until the last minute before they file the paperwork. I wonder why anyone would do that? That gives the perception of trying to be sneaky doesn’t it? Would you vote for someone like that? I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t. I could be wrong.
“I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.”

17 comments:

Crystal Rose said...

One good candidate so far then! Come on you others...

Anonymous said...

Barbara, PLEASE run for council!

Please
Please
Please

Craig said...

Barbra,

If you will run for CC you can put a sign in my yard. Trust me I won't do anything weird to it.

Suzanne said...

Way to go, Richard. I feared you had enough especially considering the past year. Thanks for hanging on. We promise to do better getting the vote out.

Adelia said...

When Richard first campaigned I didint know him but now consider him a GREAT council person. He will probably not always agree with my opinions but I know he will always consider ALL sides and vote for what is best for this island. I will GLADLY campaign for him He and Al and Carlo - we couldn't do better!!!

Adelia said...

Barbara - my logon to the islanddrumz blog is exclusive to the blog. Your email was to another address so I don't see how you got that off the blog. I am like Tami I don't understant

Anonymous said...

barbra you are an f-ing liar about where you got the addresses. We aren't stupid like some of your buddies. Go away and get the hell of the edc you are a mess

Anonymous said...

Hey Bawwwwwwbraaaa please explain how you got e-mails off of the blog. I am very computer literate and I would have no idea how to acomplish that. Just maybe 1028 is right and you are lying your ass off.

Anonymous said...

Did anyone notice if her list was mainly Civic Club members? I did not get one and am so glad!

Anonymous said...

Allan, the Civic Club is where NS finds all these newbies to groom and run for office.

I could not think of a better position for you to be in for the next year than President.

Although I spend money running an ad, no one has ever contacted me to join the civic club once Darlene died, so if its a matter of being a member to vote for you, then sign me and Joe up and we will vote for you. Just tell me where to mail the check for membership.

Roselyn

Anonymous said...

If you are the President, Allan, you will do so much for CLS. Please be sure someone other than Arlene (with Kathy McI over her shoulder) is collecting dues at the July 4th picnic. A month into the mess was not a good time for me to have been that close to her.

Crystal Rose said...

I have not received an email from Barbara and am a member of both this forum and the civic club so not sure if that is helpful information to anybody! Cannot be those lists....

Anonymous said...

Bernie had an email list from when they were on TV against Town Center, so she probably got his email list.

Anonymous said...

Allan already told you that Barbara hiested his distribution list from an old email.

There you go. Mystery solved Sherlock Holmes.

Anon 12:39 - Whether you agree with Arlene politically or not she deserves your respect. She has been involved in the Civic Club for many many years. She has CONTRIBUTED her time. She is serving this city on council. (admittidly questionable at times) She has served this city many times/years before. You may not agree with her, but the Civic Club isn't the place for politics. Each of us need to do our part to keep it that way. It's called the Civic Club, not the Anonymous Snarky Posters We Hate Tami club.

Craig said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Craig said...

I deleted my last comment because I hit send before I finished. Let me try again.

750 is right it is the Civic Club and should stay civil. However if there was an Anon Snarky Posters We Hate Tami Club it would have alot more members than the Civic Club and that is sad. Its pathetic that a small group of folks decided to stir up so much trouble by doing things their way instead of the correct way. Was an investigation called for regarding the police dept. In my opinion no. It could have and should have been handled internaly. The results of the money sucking fiasco proved that. Does the credit card situation need to be looked into? In my opinion yes but you do not have to put another 12,000 to $$$$ into it to get what you need. I know you will never convince some of these knuckle heads that they wasted our time and money and virtually stopped all progress on the Island except for Ronnie and his crew who kept forgeing forward but it is a fact. This blog has let alot of folks vent alot of frustration over the past 3/4 of a year and though mean and overboard at times it has been good for everyone. It has given folks the opportunity to expose wrongs that were and are occurring and has allowed everyone on both sides to voice their opinion in whatever form they felt was the most productive at the time. Thanks Allan and if you want to be pres of the Civic Club please do. Along the way keep the blog going strong, remain true to your convictions and never apologize for those convictions. The Civic Club and this blog have nothing to do with each other.

Crystal Rose said...

Well said Craig!