IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Friday, January 6, 2012

TGIF

Good morning and Happy Friday Clear Lake Shores!
Looks like the hoohaa at City Hall has started the new year off like the old year ended. THe hoohaa of which I speak refers to the scheduled Council meetings in January. For a lot of valid reasons the Mayor had cancelled the two meetings in January. I seem to remember some discussion of the meetings in the last meeting of 2012 but I wasn't paying attention so maybe not. Well it sounds like a couple of our elected officials were up in arms over the cancellations. The Mayor was not following the rules! Oh The Horror! How Dare He! Only Council can cancel a scheduled meeting and "they" had not been notified. You'd like to think that if I remember something about the conversation the knuckleheads at the table would have been awake enough to do the same. Guess not. Well it boiled down to put the second meting back or "they" would address the issue with the States AG. I would suggest "they" start with the Galveston County DAs office. They already have all the names. So. Even though "they" didn't know or couldn't figure out when the second meeting was It is back on. Should be interesting. Why do you think "they" insisted on it? Just a pissing contest? We'll see on the 17th.
Christmas Tree recycling
I'll move my trailer to the font yard in 30 minutes. Due to my lousy timing I will leave it there until tomorrow at 11:AM when I head for the recycle place. I will gladly take your tree if you put it o the trailer.

Events On deck
The 30th Annual Raynel & Burls Birthday extravaganza and chilicook off. Saturday January 28th. Watch this space for developing events rules and chilismack.

Mancakes! Watch for the email and watch here too. All you neighbors in the Marinas pay attention. This is a breakfast cooked by the guys just for our sweeties and friends. For you couples it's a cheap date and for you single guys its all you can eat. Just don't be late. We cook and serve until it's all gone. If you drag yer butt in at the last minute and expect anything other that a rude comment or two you're n the wrong place. If you want to get in on the fun contact me one way or the other. I'll take the first dirty dozen.
Have a great weekend!

"Turning a frog into your Prince charming can take a lot of kissing."

11 comments:

DaveC. said...

Dave Chambers birthday party is on saturday nite. We will have fajitas with all the trimmings and you need to bring chairs and booze. Hope to see ya'll there after sunset of course and we should be celebrating a Texans win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roselyn said...

In the next 60 days we need to have a get-together to narrow down and confirm our pink party candidates for May election. We can also do some strategizing at that meeting. Just as many of you walked down the street to get 200 signatures for Tami to resign, we can walk again and be sure everyone is registered to vote and know who they should vote for. We can give them a card if they are not. I have 4 new tenants spread over the island that would register and vote if I asked them to so. We need to start doing some planning. I will put it on my list to go pick up a pile of voter registration cards. Once a person mails in their voter registration I dont know how long it takes for them to be processed and end up on the list, so we dont want to wait until April to do this. I am hoping that one of our emerging leaders will set a date for this planning event so we can sort out who to run and how to win.

Crystal Rose said...

Rosely you know if there is anything I can do I will help, just can't vote.

Roselyn said...

Crystal Rose, you make friends easily so it would be easy for you to get folks registered. I bet the man to the south of you and the couple across the street from you are not registered......We need to know who we are supporting as candidates so we can present those names to the folks we are asking to register to vote. Also need to get phone number of anyone we register so we can call them on election day and ask them if they remembered to vote.... Time for the candidates for the pink party to emerge.

Craig said...

Hey Roselyn,

Don't you mean strategerizn. I think thats how George W used to say it anyway.

Craig

Craig said...

Just saw Kathy leaving Jeans house. She was there quite a while. Probably going over the rule book to see if Vern has been breaking any rules.

Suzanm said...

Hope the mayor is doing some upper arm weight lifting so he can take a tight hold of the reins come the next CC. Maybe more horseshoes and I know just the guy to challenge him.

When I was getting petition signatures I encouraged many new people to register to vote. One household said they would not since they didn't want to be called for jury. Sad.

DaveC. said...

There was a island version of chopped the cooking show on the island on January 7th. Two of the best cooks on the island were left out of the competition. WHAT ARE YOU AFRAID OF BEING BEATEN. You need to include Diana Chronister and Adelia Oakes to the competition if you want to see really good cooks in action.

Jim Adams said...

Dave that wasn't Chopped it was Clear Lake Shores Celebrity Wife Swap.

- Jim

DaveC. said...

Damn missed it again!!!!

Bernie McIntyre said...

Craig has nothing better to do than follow and time my wife ? It is really none of your business who she visits and for how long. Get a life, Craig !