IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Go COOGS!!!!

Sorry to all my Penn State readers out there but too bad so sad WOOOHOOOO Eat 'em UP!!!

I have a call in to the President, No, not him, Dennis. To verify there is NO Civic Club meeting this Thursday. The board will meet but not the entire club so next meeting will be the first Thursday in February. Come on out and get the latest on Mancakes, Mardi Gras, Easter will be shaping up and who knows what else. See you there!

The word around the water cooler is Councilman Perkins is taking the Mayor to task for not following the rules. Can you believe it? I wonder if it rains much on her planet. Clueless dosn't quite fit does it? Maybe it's just me. This is where I want to hear from all two of Councilman Perkins supporters. I am dying to hear their rationalization. I heard Councilman Laughter was giving the office staff all sorts of grief over the canceled Council Meetings too. "Who does he think he is?!" Well, ummmm councilman, he's the Mayor and you're not. Actually If I were a betting man I'd bet that he'll be mayor alot longer than you'll be a councilman. And if some of us get our Christmas wish you won't be possession of our City Council for long. About 125 days or so is my guess. It'll be good goddamned riddance too. Between the lawsuits and this do nothing council our little jewel by the bay has stagnated like the ditch behind Skippers. Seriously, we still have mud lots where 3 thriving, tax paying business' stood. Thanks a lot. I mean it too. Your actions or lack of and the rest of the BS perpetrated on us has gotten everyone's attention. I hope you enjoyed your 15 minutes of fame. Take lots of pictures. Don't want Jean to feel left out so here's to her 7 1/2 minutes of fame. I hear she got her knickers in a twist because all the receipts she asked for going back how many years? didn't come with full and detailed explanations. Go figure.

3 comments:

Bryan said...

I can only imagine where we would be if all that energy that has been spent the last 2 years by a handful of people in tearing down the city would have been spent on improving it instead. What a shame.

Suzanne said...

I feel for the city's office staff for having to deal with all the negativity. Perhaps the following responses could be used by them. If not, at least I hope they play tag, taking turns dealing with people that waste time and energy.

I do not have an answer to that question. Do you have a question related to my job description?

Perhaps your question needs to be directed to the person who has that responsibility. Would you like to schedule an appt. with ______?

I see that you are upset. Would you prefer coming back later?

If you continue to talk in such a loud fashion I will need to call the police.

Suzanne said...

You are a gem, Allan, for keeping us informed. I wish you would have provided more details regarding what on Earth TP is taking the mayor to task on.

I liked how assertively the mayor handled the last CC and I hope he continues to hold on to the reigns very tightly.