IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Check for chili time

wow. intentionally lower case. Seen the "video" of the US Marines taking a leak on the dead bodies of bad guys? Ooo Rah. Does it offend you? Why? Were you equally offended when the bad guys cut Danny Pearls head off with a dull knife? I personally don't have a problem with it. I think the USMC needs bigger guns. If I was king of the world there wouldn't be an insurgent problem. Nobody would like me but that's OK because I would still be the king. But that's just me.

Word is there's a PARTY on East Shore! Next Friday the 20th April and Paula are throwing a party for their men folk and that would be Neil and Rob. More info as I get it.

I hear the Civic Club wants to put on a talent contest. How cool is that?! They are looking at the 19th of May at the pavillion and I think that's a great idea! Who wants in? Got any suggestions for an act? Your kid up to snuff on her flute? Lets hear right here!!
And to all you other fatties out there that's me "power walking" in my Civic Club Sweat Shirt. It's really nice. Go buy one!

All you Chili Wankwannabes pay attention. The email goes out tomorrow but the short version is the 30th annual is going down at Carig and Raynels on Saturday the 28th. If you have any chili onions you will be there! 'Nuff said.

OK. To the comments. Everyone cool your jets. What "Keeping Watch" was trying to say but failed miserably at is the reason why there are no posted minutes. It's because of the crappy council we have. Council has to recognize the agenda item and then vote on whether or not to accept past meeting minutes. Once again this miserable excuse for a city council we elected has failed to do their collective job. They are apparently so busy stifling the business and progress of our fair city, they haven't had time to accept past minutes so our city staff could get them posted. I won't even bring up the whole investigation bullshit. What part of "I'm doing this for you so i don't have time to do that for you" do these bungs not get?

"There are more important things than money, but they won’t date you if you don’t have any"

12 comments:

Craig said...

Hey Crystal Rose,

I have read several times you can't vote. Well here is your chance. If you have the stomach and don't mind folks trying to buy your vote, get to our Chili Cookoff early, find Tom Mote and tell him you want to be a chili judge. You can then be part of deciding who will take home the taveling trophy. You can also help vote whatever pot of sludge Allan brings, off the Island. Have you got what it takes, (rolaids) to be a judge?

Roselyn said...

What an incredible photo of the octopus! Is that on Pine or Oak?

Crystal Rose said...

Oh Craig, I was looking forward to being a contestant, nothing would give me more pleasure than to have a British Chilli win!!! lol However, I know enough about Chilli to be a judge, bearing in mind that I was told a few years ago that once a tin of Hormel got first prize in your cook off, shame on the judges taste buds...........

AB said...

That black day in Chillidom will unfortunately live forever. What is never talked about though is two of the judges on that fateful day were Loyal Subjects of the Crown. You have a heavy cross to bear my dear.
ab

Crystal Rose said...

Sounds like they ate one too many Vindaloos and had their taste buds killed off! Curry is the curse of British Cuisine these days.

Craig said...

Hey Crystal,

Judge or entrant but you can't do both. We have had several folks try to pull that scamso they could vote themselves to victory (Rob Scherere). Either way you will have a good time.

OK, this will be the first installment of "Burl and Raynels Birthday Bash and Chili Cookoff" fun facts and trivia.

The first cookoff was held at Brigadoon apartments in 1981. Who was the first winner?

Larry said...

Unfortunately the Hormel was the best chili that day. And it's still better than anything made by Rob Scherere.

Crystal Rose said...

I'll get my husband Mike to volunteer for judging that should work! lol

Bring it on.....

Craig said...

It looked like Jean had some of the gang over again today. Wonder what touble for the Island they came up with today?

Anonymous said...

Going over how the meat puppets will be told to vote next Tuesday no doubt

Rob Scherer said...

Craig,
As a 3 time, thats right, a 3 time chilli grand champion
I can assure you, I have never judged while having a entry. Why would I subject myself to such torture, when all that is needed is bribery. It has worked well in the past, just ask Allan. Long live coriander, Larry

Bernie McIntyre said...

wow - not one comment on paragraph one on the USMC incident. Clili is a lot more important. These things happen and some dumb ass took a video of it. I am in favor of fewer video cameras.
AB, I actually agree with some of what you say here except for being king of the world. King of Afganistan maybe. And if that works, toss in Iraq.