IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

01242012

A couple of short notes today then I’m slipping back in to my Nyquil coma. First and most importantly


This is from neighbor Dottie..

“This is serious!!! Val is going in for some SERIOUS heart surgery. She will be in Methodist starting EARLY Tues. morning. Please send an e-mail to everyone to keep her in their prayers and thoughts. The doctors told her to get everything in order so that tells us something, I took some flowers over there this evening and she said it was OK to tell everyone.”


------NEWS FLASH-------

I know I probably don't need to say this but. Saturdays 30th annual gathering is first and foremost a BIRTHDAY PARTY. Say it. Say it again. Say it louder!! What that means is, it's a

POLITICS FREE ZONE.

Anyone found talking politics will be made to eat a bowl of Robs Chili. A second offense and it's Larry Chili. A third offense and we'll give you a bat so you can beat the tongue out of your head to get rid of the smell. That is all.


This from the National Weather Service

Here's an update on the potential for severe weather over the next few days. We expect showers and thunderstorms to develop on Tuesday along a warm front. Heaviest rains and the best chances for flooding Tuesday night will likely be focused over northern and northwestern counties say north and west of a line from Groveton to Huntsville to Brenham although the forecast position of this heavier rain area may shift as we get closer. There will also be an isolated severe wind and tornado threat Tuesday night. On Wednesday, a line of thunderstorms will likely move from west to east across the area...with damaging wind gusts and isolated tornadoes possible.

Stay tuned for updates.

-- 
Dan n Reilly

Warning Coordination Meteorologist

National Weather Service Houston/Galveston

281-534-2157 ext. 223


From the local PTA…

Would you mind spreading the word on the blog about our Bayside Knights on the Run 5K? It is Saturday, Feb 25 at 8:30a.m. and we need sponsorship names for the back of the T-shirt. Any business owners with kids at Stewart, Mossman, Bayside or Falls please consider buying a spot on the shirt for $300. This would be great advertising as the shirts are considered part of the Education Village Uniform and can be worn by all students and extras will be sold in school store. The cost to run or stroll in the 5k is $20 and includes a long sleeve T and misc goodies in the registration bag. You can register at www.signmeup.com or go to

the website at www.bayside5k.com for more info. We are also looking

for businesses to provide coupons, koozies, etc for the registration bags and door prizes. This is our only fundraiser and we really need parents and local businesses to help in any way possible. We appreciate support in any form, no matter how large or small. I am not having much

luck in the sponsorship dept so far. Please contact us with any

questions or ideas. We have registration forms at our houses and hope to leave some at the city office also. Thanks so much.

Stephanie Haynes

Charity Nicholas

steph.haynes68@gmail.com

charitynicholas@hotmail.com

This from Me. Ya’ll take it easy on J-Bob. He is obviously new to the blog so cool your jets. Jfishing, I say you are new because assuming otherwise would indicate you have chosen to ignore so much info presented here. In two days this blog will be one year old. I have posted 252 times and have received 2,457 comments. Of those I have removed exactly two. One request was from the poster of said comment and the other posted too much personal information about one of your neighbors. If I limited this blog to only people that agree with me I would have killed myself out of boredom 11 ½ months ago. As it turns out Google has a SPAM filter they employ to protect their blogs. For reasons unknown to me your post tripped the trigger and off to SPAM world you went. It happens so infrequently that I rarely check it. When I saw your statement on the premature death of free speech I started poking around. Voila! Have a little faith my brother. I too have served our country in defense of free speech. Wander n back to June of 2011 and I guarantee you will find statements from people who disagree with me. As I have stated before this blog is about the dissemination of information. Not bullshit but pertinent information. Yes. I do get to define Bullshit. Someone has to and it’s my blog. Type on neighbor.

13 comments:

Stephanie said...

Thank you Allan for mentioning our Bayside 5K yet again. I think some valid community news gets lost in seeing what crazy anon comments are posted next. A special thank you to Randy Chronister for making Air Affair our first official sponsor. Cheers. BTW, Allan does not always let those who agree with him dictate his blog. Being considerably more socially liberal than him, we debate constantly over various political issues and he still promotes my Bayside updates even after I call him a stubborn ass. He is all bark, not much bite, so get well quick Allan and Val.

Adelia said...

Please keep us updated on Ms. Val. She is so dear to me and Dave and our prayers are with her and Phil. I am out of town and therefore a little out of touch. Hope you feel better too alan

Bryan said...

If we need to have a Valapooloza count me in.

Adelia said...

I am not sure Val needs a pooloza although I will be right beside you if needed Bryan. We might donate some time to spruce up her garden for her homecoming though. Just a thought

Bryan said...

Either way I'm in.

JFishing said...

Our prayers will be with her and her family. Do you have the hospital information?

SPorter said...

I'm in on helping Val anyway we can ... SP

Rob Scherer said...

I saw Val this afternoon and her surgery has been rescheduled for the first part of February. I think with doctors delaying the surgery, it's a good sign. She is hanging in there, but concerned. Our thoughts are with her

Jay Fenwick said...

Good news. Please keep us posted if there is anything we can do to help.

Suzanne said...

Happy One Year Anniversary to the blog. Where would CLS be since June without it. Thank you, Allan, for putting so much time into it and for putting up with all the complaints about it from NS. If they are gripping you know you are doing it right. Get well, my friend.

So very sorry to hear about Miss Val.Would someone plz post her address here for those of us out of town? Thanks.

Rob Scherer said...

I went to Franks Auto Body this morning. Frank told me about his plans for his restaurant (or "beer joint" to some) and showed me where it is going at the back of his building. What a fantastic concept, and will be a great addition to our island. Frank is even having our city architect do the design, so as to stay with the concept of the EDC. Way to go Frank.

Bryan said...

Awesome. Finally some progress up front. Ronnie - can you give us a status on the landscaping and lighting? We need to make 2012 the year of entrance enhancement.

Adelia said...

Can't wait to see it Frank!! Thanks to all of my wonderful friends on the island who went by the house yesterday to make sure things were OK when the tree limb fell. I truly feel loved and it reminds me how wonderful the place I live is. Snow here today which is pretty unless it's 5:00 and you are headed for work. Can't wait to get home.